Barcelona airport transportation

lnw

Any tips on ground transportation from the airport to downtown Hilton?

Have checked out the taxi fares as well as private car. Option would be bus, train, or other. Any input and tips greatly appreciated.

Arriving Oct 24th for cruise on the 25th.

Thanks!

Have checked out the taxi fares as well as private car. Option would be bus, train, or other. Any input and tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

First of all, I'm not sure if you already are aware of this but both Hiltons in Barcelona are not in the "tourist center"; i.e. you will always have a subway ride in order to get to/from any attractions. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but wanted to make sure you are aware.

Unless you have packed lightly (one small suitcase per person), I would recommend against the train to the hotel. It is a long walk in the airport to the train station and transferring to the metro bus can involve going up and down several flights of stairs and in some stations, elevators/escalators are not available so you will have to carry your luggage. Plus it can be hard to maneuver more than one small suitcase when you get off the metro and walk the remaining distance to your hotel. That being said -- if you have packed lightly -- it is a great, cheap option. It is best to have routes and maps ahead of time so you're not wandering the streets of Barcelona when you get outside the metro station and have to walk the remaining distance to the hotel :rolleyes: Please don't take this as a reason not to take the train/metro; I am just pointing out that it is not for everyone. I always use public transportation but I am prepared for its perks and downsides.

The Aerobus, unfortunately, does not take you right near either Hilton hotel. Your best bet would be to take it into the city, and then catch a (shorter) taxi ride to the hotel. I'm afraid this option doesn't save much money by the time you pay for Aerobus tickets (5 euro pp) and then the cab. It is a great option for anyone staying at a hotel closer to an Aerobus stop.

Cabs/private cars are certainly the easiest option from the airport. If there are only two of you, there is no reason to book a private car. There rarely is a cost benefit to a private car when there are only two travelers and there are plenty of taxis waiting at the airport. For three or more people, then you may consider a private transfer. MOST taxis are typical sedans, so to fit three people is not a problem; to fit three people's luggage in the trunk may be possible depending on how much you've packed :) There are some vans that come to the airport, but you may have to wait a while for one to come around. If you are comfortable waiting for a minivan-taxi, then there is no reason to book a private car. If you need the extra space and would rather not wait, this is when I would recommend pre-arranging a private car. Be sure to mention the number of passengers and amount of space necessary for luggage so they can reserve an appropriate car. A private minivan will be cheaper than having to take two separate taxis.

Thanks for the quick reply and options. Just the two of us but we will have luggage so it looks like the taxi is the best option. Was not aware the Hiltons were not in the tourist center (have points for free nights there) so we will venture out to those areas.

I assume like in most areas - there are some things to watch out for to be sure we have an appropriate fare.

Thanks

Thanks!

The best would be to take from Terminal 2 the RENFE Commuter Train (Route 2 North) to Sants Station.

If you arrive at Terminal 1 there is a direct shuttle bus which takes you free to the train station.

The walk from Terminal 2 to the train station is 5 minutes. Elevator and escelators are available.

At Sants Station you change to the Subway (Metro) Route 3 and get off Maria Christina. From here it's 1 1/2 block to the hotel.

http://www.tmb.net/en_US/barcelona/moute/planols/lineametroaccesos.jsp?linia=3&estacion=316

If you see the map: the station is wheelchair accessable so you will make it as well and it's a east of the station at the end of the map on the right side.

It's totally 2.70 EUR (2 single tickets each 1.35 EUR). It will become cheaper if you decide to buy additional tickets for more rides in Barcelona or day passes.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived