swimming with dolphins - NZ or Australia

PrincessGirl

Any reviews of swimming with dolphins experiences?

I have seen dolphin tours being offered in Christchurch/Lyttleton and Melbourne but will also be in Sydney, Hobart, Dunedin and Tauranga, and Auckland. This is something I would love to do! We will be there in December.

Any information is much appreciated! Thank you!

I haven't personally been, but when I went through Akaroa, I knew others on our cruise that did, and they did love it!

That said, there were 2 departures a day, and the day I was there, one was cancelled due to high wind/choppy waters, although they said it's rare. Just pointing out that there are risks...

OTOH, I tried to do it last week at Bunbury (west coast Australia) which is a more prominent area, and they weren't even visiting at the time. :-(

I think you should do it if you get a chance - just hope you're fortunate enough not to have any issues!

Any reviews of swimming with dolphins experiences?

I have seen dolphin tours being offered in Christchurch/Lyttleton and Melbourne but will also be in Sydney, Hobart, Dunedin and Tauranga, and Auckland. This is something I would love to do! We will be there in December.

Any information is much appreciated! Thank you!

Kia ora,

There are a number of spots in AotearoaNZ where 'dolphin' tours are available. Does your ship call at the Bay of Islands? If so suggest you consider a 'swimming with the dolphins tour' there.

Aquarians.

Archived