Shouldn't the Diamond be in Cabo this morning?

jimbug

I've got the Diamond's webcam on my computer desktop and it's showing "at sea" en route to Los Angeles. If my calculations are correct, shouldn't she be in Cabo this morning? (or am i completely off today...) ;-)

I am sure that the Diamond Princess is on it's way to LA. It's first port was Cabo and the reason that I know this is that my husband and I were supposed to be on this cruise. Dec. 29th was the day from hell for us, we were headed to the Diamond Princess and it was also my birthday. Long story short, rain, cancelled flights, lost luggage, 19 hours to try for a one hour flight and we experienced possibly the worst day of our life and ended up back home in Scottsdale and our luggage arrived 3 days later. Hope this never happens again to us or to anyone else.:mad:

ladymargaret and bobo

Yes we had trip insurance and have already filled out our paperwork. Also have been in big time contact with America West. We are already booked on trans-Atlantic for 14 days and 10 days British Isles on the Golden in May. We have checked out some others between now and then and can't come up with any mini-suites on any of these so guess we will just stay home for a while. Guess living in Arizona isn't so bad so we can just pretend was are on vacation.

ladymargaret:)

ladymargaret, so sorry to hear you missed your sailing, the trip insurance can replace the money but not the heartbreak. :(

We're on that sailing on the Golden too. There's quite a group on the roll call, come on over and say hi! We'll do our best to help cheer you up! :)

if the weather is even slightly unusual. I guess you can't blame them since their planes are older and they are a small company. My parents' flight from Seattle to Miami was cancelled, so they had to stay in Seattle for a night and fly out the next morning, but unknowing to them, after they got on a flight from Seattle to Miami, via Phoenix, their Phoenix to Miami flight was cancelled. They were stuck in Phoenix, but I was able to buy them another ticket from Newark to Miami via American Airlines and AmericaWest flew them to Newark and refused to pay for the portion from Newark to Miami. But at least they made their cruise (because RCI postponed their cruise's departure time for an extra 24 hours). The moral of the story is to fly bigger airlines like AA and United because they are more likely NOT to cancel a flight due to weather.

But I'm glad you have travel insurance, but the make-up for the money lost can not make up for a missed opportunity for a nice birthday cruise.

Chalk it up to another cruise adventure. Good luck and have fun on your next cruise.

Archived