Has anyone been on Island Girl recently?

cookmg40

I booked Island Girl for a 1/2 day snorkel tour in November. Two weeks ago I received an email from Captain Mike asking about the ship time vs. port time. I have since replied to him and asked him to re-confirm our tour. I have not heard from him and have been unable to reach him at his office phone. Has anyone sailed with him (very) recently? Thanks.

Marilyn

I did all the research and booking of the excursion but I personally did not go. I took my younger daughter to the aquarium. My husband, 12 year old daughter, and 4 adult friends went. They loved it. They did the 1/2 day in the morning. They met Mike at 9:30 AM and were back at 1:00m PM. It was really nice having his boat right there by the ship. We all met back up on the ship for lunch and then still had plenty of time to head out for some shopping. (Our ship left at 6PM.)

We've sailed with Mike two times. Most recently April 2009. Fantastic day. Nice guy too. He will pick you up right at the ship area in a dingy and bring you back. Fun and convenient. Good food, snorkelling and drinks. One big plus is the power snorkels he uses. You will feel like James Bond torpedoing through the water. Our favorite way to spend the day in St. Thomas. We're returning in just a week but taking a day sail out of Red Hook for variety. Have fun!

We're booked for April 27th 2010 for just the half day because it takes at least four for the full day and it's just the two of us. We're just hoping someone else decides to go on that same day. Capt. Mike put us on a list for the upgrade if that happens. They are very nice people in our emails and phone conversations so far. I even talked with there daughter some too. Can't wait to go and snorkel like James Bond.lol. Do they still do the picture CD of the days adventure? I would love for someone else to take pictures for me while I play the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...

Island Girl is the BEST!! My husband and I have sailed with Capt. Mike 2 times this year! Because he takes a max. of six people, you feel as if you have chartered the sail for yourself! I am just so upset our cruise in Jan. doesn't stop in St. Thomas... I promise you, you will have a ball!!! The water scooters make it perfect! You can scoot all around the bay and not get tired!!!

You will have a wonderful, relaxing sail! Enjoy!!!!!!:D I miss the Island Girl!!

Archived