What bars/clubs are a must?

mkluvs2cruise

I know Pat Obrien's is a must, but what other clubs are fun to go to? We are in our mid-late twenties married couple and want to go to Bourbon Street night before our cruise. We looked at a pub crawl tour but were wanting to do our own. Any advice would be great! Also are there covers for them on Sundays too?

Ya just stroll down Bourbon 'til you find one that looks like it would be a good one. Depends on what you like. Cat's Meow is good fun if you like karaoke. Lafite's has a great Voodoo. Razzoo's is always active. If you want to leave Bourbon Street and enjoy dancing then the Gold Mine at St. Peter and Dauphine is a good spot. Or you could check out Frenchman Street in Marigny - great clubs there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would vote for Frenchman / Marigny, too. My plan is to start at the "R" Bar on Royal, head down to Snug Harbor, the Spotted Cat, get on the list at Adolpho's for dinner and then hit the Apple Barrel while we wait. Assuming all those places are still there since I haven't been down in two years!!! :o

They are all still there. The Spotted Cat changed ownership/name for a while and then closed, but re-opened a couple of months ago. The stage was moved and a few other "improvements" made, but still as funky as ever.

Archived