Great 2/12 Ectasy Upgrade

lucyjohnz

I've had more problems getting this to post as a new thread. Oh well, maybe this time...

Just wanted to let everyone know that using the book-modify and on-line gifts method to verify, our cabins were finally assigned today. We booked 2 cabins with an OV Gty (instead of a 6A GTY which was $50 more/pp) and got 6D cabins on the Empress deck. Currently prices for that cabin category are almost $200 more/pp than the OV Gty.

I've been checking since late November and lately, 2-3 times/day. First check this morning showed our 2 assigned cabins right next to each other. THIS IS GREAT!!! We're towards the back of the ship right by the elevators and stairs. We're under the galley but hopefully there won't be too much noise overhead.

This is only my 2nd time to do a guarantee - the 1st was on a Celebrity New Year's cruise out of San Juan, PR. We were also upgraded 4 categories on that cruise. On our other 6 cruises, though, we've done assigned cabins and been perfectly happy with them. So, I'll keep looking at both possibilities.

Congratulation! We have a OV guarantee for the Empress deck so I will be awaiting your review when you return! I will be anxious to know about the cabin! I called Carnival today because I noticed a slight decrease in price on their website for our cruise and they gave me credit for the difference. I asked when our cabin would be assigned and I was told probably not until embarkation but I know that is not always true by reading these boards. When I try book/modify or gifts trick....I get a "sorry.....error" thing so I dont know whats up with that. Oh well have a great time!

Our sailing still isn't sold out or even close to it. It did go up in price over the weekend for OV cabins (about $25/pp), but there's still a lot of availability for the Cat. 11s and 12s - I think that makes KarenH's 6D guarantee look pretty good. I may ask at the dock how much it would cost to upgrade to a Cat. 11 or 12. I'd be willing to pay as much as $300 extra/cabin - that offer will probably get me laughed off the ship since the price difference now from what I paid is $900 for a Cat. 11. But, we'll see at cruise time.

We were just visiting my parents near Galveston (Dickinson) this weekend and drove the 20 minutes to Galveston and saw the Grand Princess (the giant shopping cart) in port on Saturday. I was hoping to see the Elation or the Rhapsody, but neither one was there - I just looked it up on the internet and both ships cruise on Sundays - we had a 5 1/2 hour drive ahead of us today so we didn't go back to Galveston to see them.

We were in Galveston yesterday too! We saw the Grand Princess take off and it was great! I was so excited about all the balconies I saw that I got on my cell and upgraded us to a suite! They only had cat. 12 ones left and it cost us an additional $1000 (4 of us) but even my dh couldnt stand the thought of the little windows we saw on the princess! So now we are cabin #U101! I am so psyched! My kids kept asking why we cant go now! I noticed the Grand Princess has a HUGE screen TV on the top deck. I am sure Ecstasy has nothing like that. My parents drove to Galveston today for their anniversary (43rd) and saw the Elation. They said it was huge! Oh hurry time and pass!!

Karenh, when is your cruise? Is it our original 2/7 date? I still occasionally check prices on that cruise and it's been a little cheaper than our 2/12 cruise. Also, on our 2/12 cruise, the OV Guarantee cabins just went away and prices went up about $20-30/pp for other categories. I still don't think it's a full ship which is good since full Carnival ships can be REALLY crowded.

Oh, and we got our documents in early last week - still no cabins on them but I found them in the Gifts and Services section.

Seven, I changed our dates from 2/7 to 2/12 because of a business conflict. And, I did check the rollcall and found one post for the 2/12 cruise on there and replied to it. What were your upgrades?

KarenH - go to buy cruises dot com (buycruises is one word) and click on "Price Your Cruise Now" under the pic of the ship. Then choose Caribbean West (already pre-chosen), Carnival Cruiseline, 2-6 days length, Feb. 2005. You'll see about 4 pages of cruises sorted by date. The 2/12 Ectasy cruise is at the bottom of Pg. 2. Click on "Find out More Info". You'll see a screen full of cruise categories. Expand the category you want to look at and click on SELECT for the specified type of cabin (6A or 1A, etc.). You'll then see a full quote for that category and below that, a list of cabins. If you see 7-8 cabins there, the category still probably has more cabins than those seen. If you see less than 7 cabins, 3 for instance, that means the category is almost sold out.

I'm sure other sites provide this same sort of info, including Carnival (and cruises only (one word) dot com), but I've found buy cruises is very quick and easy to use. And, yes, I've booked 4 cruises with them and have been satisfied with them.

Archived