Eastern Med & Egypt on Navigator Sept. 2010 - balcony cabin questions

MuffinW

I'm getting close to booking Royal Caribbean's Eastern Med. & Egypt 12-day cruise in September 2010 for me and my husband. I've cruised on Celebrity once (Horizon), and we've cruised on Princess twice (Grand Princess), all in the Caribbean. We are mid-30s and love cruising. We also are not wedded to any particular line.

We intend to book a balcony stateroom (D1-D3 or E1-D2). I've noticed that the Royal Caribbean site only shows a few cabins in each category, but some posts on this website suggest that the availability might be more than what is shown. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I am not looking for some way around this limitation; I'm just trying to figure out if the cruise is already mostly filled.

Also, any opinions on which category would be better would be appreciated. I'm leaning toward the D2 cabins on Deck 9, which are midway between the "hump and the bow. It looks like the only "hump" cabins are E2s on Deck 7. The price differential between the D1 and E2 is about $250 per person. Given the length of the trip, if the D1 is the way to go, I'm fine with that.

My father and stepmother are going to join us, but we don't need (or want) adjoining cabins. We love them, but we love privacy, too.

Any other insights/suggestions are welcome. :)

Thanks!

Hi

RCCL only shows a few cabins, a European website shows alot more but I am unable to name it on this forum. This website also shows current location of all the ships it is quite good for information but it is not always 100% accurate. I would choose the cabins you would like and then ask if they are available. You can book direct with RCCL and will get a discount for booking on line but will not be able to choose from the full range of cabins. I usually phone a few major travel agents including agents who specialize in cruising and have got a better discount and go with the best price. Check also that they will honour any price drops as some agents won't. Price drops are free in the USA but in UK you can get the first price drop or change to your booking for free after that I believe there is a £35.00pp fee for any changes. Hope this helps! I managed to get a £300 price drop for two cabins so it is worth making sure they will honour this should it happen.

Archived