Formal and casual wear on Australian Cruises

Ausgirl

Just got back last week from Sun Princess. The passenger demographic was 90% Australian according to the numbers announced by the Captain. According to people we talked to, Princess ran some very aggressive fare sales in Australia to fill the ship, which they did to over 100% (some cabins had 3).

Anyway, my obervation on formal night is that the overwhelming majority of the men were in dark suits or tuxedos. Women were dressed accordingly. That being said, some men had peculiar ideas of what were appropriate colors. Amusing, actually.:)

Thanks Rosie and HubbyO - I had a look at my wardrobe the other day and if I left my black pants at home I would be in real trouble as I think i might be wearing them most nights! (Although it might give me an excuse to do a bit of shopping in Auckland...). Still - as I'm not really a cocktail dress girl, I might be needing 2 pairs of black pants.

Yes, some people's dress sense can be quite amusing, especially when they are aiming for formal...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Ausgirl I too am not a formal person - our last cruise on Voyager of the Seas we had some nice outfits in our cases but after long port days we ended up in the Windjammer every night! The meals rotate so what is on in the dining room is also in the Windjammer - by the 3rd night we noticed the same group of people were eating with us and we had a great time. When we cruised Alaska I wore my nice jeans and a nice top with black shoes to the dining room without a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived