Upgrade!

hungryhippo

wow that is a good upgrade and so far in the future. If you are happy with this upgrade you may be better off telling them not to upgrade you further.

We will be following you around the pacific as we leave on the 11th but ours is 12 nights and 6 ports. Oddly it was cheaper than your cruise.

wow that is a good upgrade and so far in the future. If you are happy with this upgrade you may be better off telling them not to upgrade you further.

We will be following you around the pacific as we leave on the 11th but ours is 12 nights and 6 ports. Oddly it was cheaper than your cruise.

Oh I wish I had of looked at the one you are on. A cheaper longer cruise would have been fabulous.

Did you get your tickets, phone call from your travel agent or notice the upgrade on your cruise personaliser? We're leaving on the same date as you guys (9th January), but out of Brisbane. Our cruise personaliser is exactly as it was 6 months ago :( When will we know they are issuing tickets and the like????

Hi, we're on the Christmas cruise and our booking still has not changed on cruise personaliser ie we're still a II, hoping for an upgrade. We should be notified soon, as it's usually from about 50 days out that you get tickets.:)

Did you get your tickets, phone call from your travel agent or notice the upgrade on your cruise personaliser? We're leaving on the same date as you guys (9th January), but out of Brisbane. Our cruise personaliser is exactly as it was 6 months ago :( When will we know they are issuing tickets and the like????

It changed on cruise personaliser after I made the final payment to the travel agent last Friday. Fingers crossed you get an upgrade though! I think they issue tickets once tou have updated all of the info in cruise personaliser, which would include passport details etc. I havent even got my passport yet, so have to get that done asap. I have heard though sometimes they don't send the tickets out until a few weeks before the cruise is due to leave.

We entered all the cruise personaliser details as soon as we were booked (excited) and paid the full amount several months ago while I had the money! Unfortunately it hasn't made a difference with getting tickets early or an upgrade - but we still have hope :)

Just trying to work out how the upgrade fairy works - we have the cheapest balcony cabin (category BF) and there are only 2 in this category, plus one 'guarantee of this category or higher' option. I am wondering if the guarantee person gets the upgrade before us or if we all get shuffled along??? Did you have a guarantee cabin? Our cruise has been full up for over a month now, so I don't like our chances, but very happy to have a balcony regardless :)

I am soooo excited and want my tickets in my hands (now wouldn't be soon enough) and the shore tour information so I can plan! 73 days to go, and counting :)

We entered all the cruise personaliser details as soon as we were booked (excited) and paid the full amount several months ago while I had the money! Unfortunately it hasn't made a difference with getting tickets early or an upgrade - but we still have hope :)

Just trying to work out how the upgrade fairy works - we have the cheapest balcony cabin (category BF) and there are only 2 in this category, plus one 'guarantee of this category or higher' option. I am wondering if the guarantee person gets the upgrade before us or if we all get shuffled along??? Did you have a guarantee cabin? Our cruise has been full up for over a month now, so I don't like our chances, but very happy to have a balcony regardless :)

I am soooo excited and want my tickets in my hands (now wouldn't be soon enough) and the shore tour information so I can plan! 73 days to go, and counting :)

Umm, I dont think I had a gaurenteed cabin. We just bought inside cabins (we are both uni students and this is what we could afford) and ticked yes to an upgrade if it became available. I guess they had spare outside cabins available. I looked on P and O, and they are selling the O category inside cabins we originally had for $200 less now. If they think they can get money for lower category cabins I think that is when they upgrade and re-sell the cabin.

I hope this makes sense hehe

Umm, I dont think I had a gaurenteed cabin. We just bought inside cabins (we are both uni students and this is what we could afford) and ticked yes to an upgrade if it became available. I guess they had spare outside cabins available. I looked on P and O, and they are selling the O category inside cabins we originally had for $200 less now. If they think they can get money for lower category cabins I think that is when they upgrade and re-sell the cabin.

I hope this makes sense hehe

yes i and other people do see it that wa, selling cheaper cabin is much easyer then selling the dear ones, so thats why they give upgrades.

That makes sense - so maybe if there is an empty balcony cabin or suite they will upgrade me and give my cheaper balcony cabin to a struggling uni student! I think that is quite acceptable :o)

Is there any indication that they have started ticketing and assigning cabins at all?? Does the message on the personal organiser change from 'requested cabin no.' to 'assigned cabin no.' or anything like that?

So many questions!

That makes sense - so maybe if there is an empty balcony cabin or suite they will upgrade me and give my cheaper balcony cabin to a struggling uni student! I think that is quite acceptable :o)

Is there any indication that they have started ticketing and assigning cabins at all?? Does the message on the personal organiser change from 'requested cabin no.' to 'assigned cabin no.' or anything like that?

So many questions!

We have had up grades three times, two times we didnt know about them till we were boardin, the third time we recieved it though our t/a, all with P&O.

WOOHOO!!! We have been upgraded too :) From BF to BD category - 5 balcony's further along the ship but heading in the right direction! My Christmas wish has come early :)

Next category up is mid-ship and I would love a port side cabin but that is almost is too much to wish for! I am very happy, but if they want to upgrade us further, it can only get better :)

Doing the upgrade dance!!!

Has anyone been or heard of someone being upgraded from a mini-suite to a suite.

Regards,

Ross

Hi Ross

My friend is on the Pacific Dawn right now and he was upgraded from a mini suite to a suite. This was an unusual upgrade though - he went on the 3 night cruise in July and said the service was awful (not sure about that though coz it was fantastic for us and his cruise was straight after ours :rolleyes:). Anyway he rang P&O and complained that he'd better not get service like that for the next cruise because he has spent a lot of money on his mini suite and it was too late to cancel the cruise because of the 6 month time limit policy P&O have. They offered him a free upgrade and OBC of $100 for himself and his wife. It'll be interesting to hear how he got on ;). I'll let you know :).

Archived