Ship time vs island time

MPM

We will be arriving in Cozumel on January 20th aboard the Carnival Legend, which departs from Tampa Florida. Our schedule calls for us to arrive at 10:00am, which I am assuming is Eastern time. Can someone please let me know what time it will be on Cozumel:confused: Thanks!

-Mike

I don't know if it will be the same on the Legend but here is what the Inspiration did. You might want to ask under the Carnival boards to get first hand experience from previous Legend cruisers.

We just visited Cozumel on the Inspiration from Tampa. The ship keeps Tampa time throughout the entire cruise. So 10am ship's time will be 8 am Cozumel time. They make this very clear on the ship. You should always keep your watch set to ship time and not local time. If you turn your cell phone on, chances are it will update to local time so be careful with that.

So when we arrive at 7AM on Jan. 23rd, it will be 6AM in Cozumel! :eek: Can't imagine that much will be open at that hour..... Or do the shops go ahead and open early when the ships arrive?

Yep, the same thing will happen to us. I think they do this so that the people taking excursions to the mainland (Tulum, Xel-ha, etc) have time to catch the early ferries, but there probably isn't much to do in Cozumel at that hour. We plan to get off the ship at 9a ship time/8a local time, which should put us at Playa Palancar right about when the dive shop opens at 9am local time.

I'd say just do research to see what time whatever you plan to do for the day opens. If it's just shopping in town, I'd probably give them a few hours to get going.

Archived