Bahia Principe Hotel

bam1958

Hi, has anyone done the "Deluxe Day at Bahia Principe Hotel" that's offered thru NCL? We are on the Pearl Thanksgiving week and we're trying to decide if we should spring for this. We're in our early 50's and our twins are 15. thanks. Carole

Took the NCL tour to gran bahia and loved it. The hotel was beautiful and the grounds were stunning. The beach is steps away from the pool. The buffet lunch had something for everyone in my group 72 to 7 years old. The alcoholic drinks tasted funny so we stuck to beer, water and soda. A shuttle boat picks you up right from the ship, very cool! There were plenty of lounge chairs and towels. We were nervous to book as it is quite expensive but we really loved it. We are going to book it again on our next cruise. Hope your twins love it as much as mine did!

We cruise on December 4th...do you think we should pre book one of the NCL excursions (Bahia or Cayo Levantado) pretty soon or can we book it on the ship? Have never booked a ship excursion before...wondering if these beach excursions get sold out or not??

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.

We are a family of 4 50's and 20's. We were thinking of the beach but thought expensive for just a beach, for another 45 you can have food and drink -- important for my 25 and 27 year olds, I would like to partake with my husband as well.

then we thought we would just do Samana on our own since nothing really jumped out at us -- but we are there on a Sunday -- being religious country I was not sure if anything would be open -- I did post a question on the boards -- got a lot of looks -- but no response.

I think you sold us on the Hotel. Thanks.

Hi, we do not snorkle and do not know if it is a good spot to snorkle. I just read way too many negative responses about the island so we decided to go safe and book this Gran Bahia excursion through NCL. We were beyond thrilled with the excursion. It is definitely a 5 star resort. It is pricey but it does include everything and it is only 10 minutes away from the cruise. I loved that I did not have to search for a lounge chair!:p There were so many lounge chairs at the pool and at the beach. Good luck with your decision!:)

We are thinking about booking the Cayo beach tour/trip or the Bahia trip. Can either of these be booked without using NCL and would it be the same trips? We do not want to just hire a taxi driver to drop us off there but prefer to book with someone reliable. Should we just use NCL and book on the ship?

Thanks for any advice!!!

Hi,

I don't know if you can book it on your own. I just booked it with NCL after reading all of the negative comments about the island. I felt safe boarding the boat and staying at the resort. It is a stunning resort, quiet, peaceful, elegant....a 5 star resort. The boat picked us back up at a given time and wisked us right back to the cruise ship. Gran Bahia is on Cayo Levantano on the private side of the island. My family thought it was worth the money....food, drinks, transportation, lounge chairs, pool, hotel facilities and beach use. Good luck with your decision.:)

Hi,

I don't know if you can book it on your own. I just booked it with NCL after reading all of the negative comments about the island. I felt safe boarding the boat and staying at the resort. It is a stunning resort, quiet, peaceful, elegant....a 5 star resort. The boat picked us back up at a given time and wisked us right back to the cruise ship. Gran Bahia is on Cayo Levantano on the private side of the island. My family thought it was worth the money....food, drinks, transportation, lounge chairs, pool, hotel facilities and beach use. Good luck with your decision.:)

Thank you for the info! We booked it last night. Can't wait. :D

Archived