Tortola 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ??

NYCruiseMom

Hi...we'll be in Tortola only for a few hours, unfortunately. Cruising on NCL. If we don't do a ship excursion, what do you suggest. I'm afraid if we do Virgin Gorda on our own we won't make it back to ship in time.

Is there anything right near the port to do? Beaches, shopping? I know we won't be the first off the ship, so we're really looking at maybe 9:30-12:30.

We're a party of five...two adults and three kids (ages 10, 10 and 8.) We're open to suggestions! :)

IMHO,Virgin Gorda is not to be missed. I wouldn't try it on my own but do try the ships excursion. I know it's more pricey but you don't want to take a chance of missing the boat.

Laura

Thanks, Laura...the only thing I know will be a problem is that Tortola is our last island (of five) on this cruise, and the kids will be worn down by then. Getting them off the ship by 8:00 for the excursion to The Baths is going to be painful. ;)

Is there anything near the port? Shopping, a little beach or another "sight" not to be missed?

• 2 weeks later...

Not all that much to do in town. I'd either opt for an island tour being sure to see Sky World and the rain forest (can't remember the name of the park up there) which could easily be done in 3 hours or so, or I'd consider heading over to one of the beaches for what time you have. Just ask a taxi driver for a recommendation.

Archived