rental car shuttles to port miami?

cruzebunny

Hi,

I am renting a car from Jacksonville . We are spending a night there with family. The next day we will travel to Port Miami to catch the Liberty cruise. Just wondered if other folks have rented cars for pre and post cruise? Do car rental agencies offer shuttles to the port? Do they have locations close to the port? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

We are pretty much doing the same thing - but arriving in Ft. Lauderdale and heading to Miami to stay with family and the next day leaving for our cruise. I've tried a few shuttle services and we're waiting for them to get back to us with prices. Now trying to determine if it's just easier to rent a car instead. Looking for agencies with shuttles to port as well - no luck so far!!

I have a reservation with Alamo for my January cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I called a few companies and Alamo was the first one I found, and their rates are comparable. I want to get to the ship early though and hopefully their shuttles run around 11:00 or so.

We have not rented a car in Miami yet, but we are renting one for upcoming cruise in December. I don't know if they offer a shuttle or not, but last time we took a cab from airport to the port and it was very reasonable. I figure since we are returning our rental car to the port, if they don't offer a shuttle, a cab would be a viable option.:D

...I don't know if they offer a shuttle or not, but last time we took a cab from airport to the port and it was very reasonable. I figure since we are returning our rental car to the port, if they don't offer a shuttle, a cab would be a viable option.:D

Free Shuttles to/from Port of Miami:

Thrifty/Dollar (airport location)

Alamo (airport location)

Both of these I have jumped on at 11AM on day of embarkation... not a problem, and no more than a 10 minute wait for either one.

No Shuttle, but good drop off locations with cheap cab ride (less than $10... from personal experience)

Avis Downtown Miami

Hertz Downtown Miami

Some people also have mentioned an Enterprise location downtown at one of the hotels, but it may not be open on Sunday's. Just call in advance to be safe.

Archived