3rd deck guarantee Monarch of the Seas Jan '10

I have booked a 4 day bahamas cruise on the Monarch in January. They have given me (so far) Deck 3, Guarantee Oceanview as to my room location. Is this a good deck? What are the pros and cons of this deck? Should I be trying for a different deck/location? This is our first time on RCI. Thanks.:)

I have booked a 4 day bahamas cruise on the Monarch in January. They have given me (so far) Deck 3, Guarantee Oceanview as to my room location. Is this a good deck? What are the pros and cons of this deck? Should I be trying for a different deck/location? This is our first time on RCI. Thanks.:)

First of all, let me say that I have always liked traveling on the Monarch.d That being said, the staterooms are TINY. So don't think that all staterooms on ships are this small...they most definitely are not.

I prefer a third deck oceanview room on the Monarch. Even though they are tiny, they feel rather cozy. You get a porthole and I rather like that. You are also so low to the water that you have a great view of dolphins and other critters and the ship movement is nil. I think you have the perfect room.

Have breakfast several times in the main dining room, you will be very pleased.

A girlfriend and I just did this cruise, in a third deck stateroom, two months ago. We had a blast. We went all over Nassau on the public busses. It was quite an adventure and people were wonderful. We got to see places that the hoards of tourists don't go. Be adventurous! Have fun!

Pamela

Tucson

We were on Deck 3 earlier this year... and have sailed deck 3 many times... basically because we have a crazy superstition about deck 2..

We like deck 3... it's pretty close to the gangway which makes leaving and returning to the ship when in port a breeze...

It's only a deck or two up to the dining room... this can be good and bad... if your cabin is right below it can get noisy at times...

This last cruise we were very far foreward and would never take a foreward cabin again... We heard the anchors being dropped and raised a few times when we happened to be in the room... we're early risers anyway but if you're not, it would be a rude awakening...

A lot can happen between now and January... if they assign you soon and you don't think you'll like the location, you may be able to book a specific room for either a minor increase or even a nice little price drop ... we've book guarantees where upgrading to something specific worked out rather nicely for us, financially... especially if we stayed on the same deck...

Keep your eye on the price of your cruise... :)

Thank you all for the information. After your reading the posts, I am that much more excited about my deck and the upcoming cruise! Deck 3 here we come. I hadnt thought about the public busses. Where do they pick up and drop off? Anybody go on the horse drawn carriage rides? Anything you would recommend for myself and 4 year old son? Thanks again.

Georgianna

FL

Archived