What to wear Jewllery wise

Hello everyone

Very excited as going on our 1st ever cruise in January on the Destiny!

I have been raiding my wardrobe searching for glorious dresses and having found a few (thank goodness) I then realised no jewellery to go with them and wasn't too sure if a good thing to take valuables.

So I searched the internet and discovered a great website and found some lovely costume jewellery on the following link. Even better was that they were having a sale!

www.lellodirect.com

Hope I am packing the right sort of thing and wanted to share this with you.

North&South x

M & S are good as are Matalan, you certainly don't need real gold. Anything sparkly will be lovely for the formal nights.

My mum and I have also bought some quite reasonably priced jewellery in the Caribbean, notably a (real) pearl & jet necklace and pearl bracelet in Isla Margherita, and a (real) gold necklace and rings in St. Maarten (duty free port). They are nice souvenirs of a fabulous holiday. The jewellers in St. Maarten will sit you all down with a nice cold beer or juice while you decide, and will size a ring for you if it doesn't fit.

My mum also had a new diamond engagement ring in Grand Cayman to celebrate their gold wedding. This wasn't cheap, but as the sales lady told my dad, surely mum was worth £10 a year!

Carol x

Hi we are also on the Destiny for 2 weeks in January!!!

I bought loads of costume jewellery from Butler and Wilson when they had a sale on - managed to get loads of different colours so they usually match most outfits!!

As for cufflinks have you tried www.colouredrocks.co.uk - I bought my DH some gold and sapphire ones for our pearl anniversary last year!!

Ann

Hi

we've done a couple of thomson cruises - there is only 1 dress up night a week and ther rest you can wear anything you want as long as they guys have a collar and long trousers (inc jeans) in the main restaurant.

I like to still look nice and do the resort casual that i'd wear in a 4 star hotel (not the shorts and t shirt that we do in mallorca)

I tend to go for costume jewellery and they have free safes in the room so your valuables should be safe when you are not wearing them

Hope this helps

Jan

i hope you don't mind a man butting in ladies, but have any of you though about making your own costume jewellery?

Dw bought a jewellery making kit in Hobbycraft and has bought beads, stones etc. and made earrings, bangles and necklaces to match her outfits.

She has even bought cheap jewellery in sales for the stones/beads and stripped them down to make stuff that suited her.

It's not a profit making thing as the high street stores often sell things cheaper than she can buy the materials.

But as well as having matching items you have items that would be "exclusive" to you.

Berwyn

I have done this Berwyn, I had a black skirt with coloured flowers on it and I bought coloured pearl beads to match from Hobbycraft for a customised necklace. It cost me £16 but it was very long, four strands when looped round to wear.

This year I have just finished sewing white sequins and gold beads on a long black and white print dress to make it more dressy for formal night.

Carol x

Archived