Roll Call Carnival FREEDOM, Sept. 25, 2010

Fun and Simple 1

Just wondering if everyone is on a "pre-cruise" cruise, or what? Not a lot of activity lately.

Went to music theater this afternoon and then did some shopping for small stuff for the cruise. We (the chorus I sing in) will have our final concert of the season next Sat. and Sun. The month or so break will be nice; however, in August some of the guys will be singing with the local chapter of Sweet Adelines.

Hope to be hearing from some or all of you soon. Can't wait for Sept. 25th to get here!!! :p ~ Tom

Just wondering if everyone is on a "pre-cruise" cruise, or what?

Most surely pre-cruise here! I need those days to click by QUICK! Its been and becomming a stressful summer at work. So when I get to the boat, I'm going to be in GOOD need of it.

WOW, Tom, your season goes on a while. This year our season will be the longest it has been with 4 concerts (instead of 3) and most of our concerts will be double nights. Now the Small Ensemble I sing with this is our first year and we are going year round with concerts. During the summer we are doing these quick 30 minute concerts all over town. But I truly love the guys I sing with, so its not a chore at all.

Haven't been on this site for a while. We are definitely looking forward to the trip.

Mike sings in the Hampton Roads Men's Chorus as well. We could practically have a men's chorus on the trip.

We can't pin down our travel companions on excursions, so we are going to selesct some trips soon. But so far, as long as we have beach time in Cozumel and a jungle zip line in one of the other two ports, we will be good.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Will have to make sure we make it to the FOD meeting the first night.

Stay well!

Tom and Mike

WOW we really could have a mens chorus on the ship. This is scary (and fun). I actually read this post and though, thank goodness my director is not going...we WOULD have a men's chorus on ship, complete with music.

My group will def. be at the FOD meeting on the first night so we will all have to meet up!

Any of the men's choristers going to the GALA meeting in Dallas over Labor Day?

Hello everybody! So good to hear from 2nu ... been a while!

At last count, there are 11 of us who have posted here. I was reading on Carnivals' Forums (Valor - Cabin crawl - RichardandMark) about a Cabin Crawl that they had participated in on a previous cruise. When I brought it to Bob's attention, he thought it sounded "fun" and he would be interested. This would give us a look into other categories of staterooms, etc. as well as a little more informal way of meeting each other

In their "crawl", everyone pitched in $5.00 to a "pot". In each of the staterooms, everyone drew a card from a deck creating a poker hand. (we would need at least 5 rooms to have a hand of 5 card Stud) The high hand received half the pot and low hand the other half! They also had snacks and drinks in each cabin (not really required, but could have something through room service or Bon Voyage) Also, they had a gift exchange of something cheap ($3.00 to $5.00) from our State / Community for each participant..

This is just a suggestion .... but if we were going to do this, we need to start planning in advance. Bob and I would be willing to put our "PTsuite" (LOL) on the crawl. We are in 1217 / Riviera Deck, front of ship with porthole windows. It would be nice to see what a balcony, inside, suite, spa, etc. would be like in case I win the lottery or something! ~ Tom

This could certainly be interesting. Maybe on one of the sea nights (though admittedly not much comes between me and the shows...)

Though I'm on the second deck...so I have a big 'ole square window vs. portholes. If you are keeping up with the other Roll Call about our cruise this would mean I'll be shouting orders to those rowing out of the port holes. (If that piqued your interests, look at my posts, you'll find them)

Haven't been on this site for a while. We are definitely looking forward to the trip.

Mike sings in the Hampton Roads Men's Chorus as well. We could practically have a men's chorus on the trip.

We can't pin down our travel companions on excursions, so we are going to selesct some trips soon. But so far, as long as we have beach time in Cozumel and a jungle zip line in one of the other two ports, we will be good.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Will have to make sure we make it to the FOD meeting the first night.

Stay well!

Tom and Mike

I sing with Mike and Steven down here in the Charlottes Gay Men's Chorus, they used to be a part of the Hampton Roads Men's Chorus...

• 2 weeks later...

Tom and all:

52 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Just wanted to say our board (Carnival Liberty 9/25/10) is also rather slow! Maybe folks found another site to post on???

Anyway..I am certain you all will have a 'singingly' good time! hehe

Be well and ENJOY!

:cool:

I can't believe my computer was down for like a week!! I think I need someone like "krashtest" around to keep me going! Not the most computer-literate person here. However, after so long, I did the right thing for a person with my abilities and whipped out some cash and got it done!!

Less than 7 weeks!!! .... so STOKED!!!! ~ Tom

HEY!!!!

Looks like our ship (Liberty) will be in Cozumel on Monday (8am - 10pm)... same as you all!

I don't usually plan an excursion in Cozumel so will probably be 'walkin the streets'! hehe

If any of you have free time.. lets meet up at Senor Frogs for a drink?

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back 2nu,

Still coming with your friends? Seems like with 6 of you, KrashTest has 3, and Bob and I, that will be almost a dozen. Who knows how many more that aren't on C.C. Boards!

It will be a good time, for sure! You all are excited and you are close to the ocean. Just imagine what it is like for us "land-locked" Kansans'!:rolleyes:

We have Costa Rica and Panama booked, and making final plans for Coz. I (not Bob) plan on parasailing there and found Island Marketing / Cozumelcruiseexcursions to look the best, so far. Others require going to Beach Club and this one starts from downtown (Malecon San Miguel). We were wanting to end up there anyhow, so this seems to be a good fit!

I could ramble for days; however, work is calling me away!:eek: Take care everyone ... see you in a little over two weeks!!!:D ~ Tom

Welcome back 2nu,

We have Costa Rica and Panama booked, and making final plans for Coz. I (not Bob) plan on parasailing there and found Island Marketing / Cozumelcruiseexcursions to look the best, so far. Others require going to Beach Club and this one starts from downtown (Malecon San Miguel). We were wanting to end up there anyhow, so this seems to be a good fit!

TOM - what excursions are you doing in each place? For that matter - everyone lets hear it! I have not picked mine yet (neither has my group). I did talk with a friend of mine that does mission trips in panama and she said - you might want to stick with the stuff the boat reccomends. (She's concerned about my safety...awwwww)

16 Days guys!!!!!!

krashtest, and all,

* COZUMEL: ($50.00) Parasailing and walking around Old San Miguel shopping and possibly lunch at museum's 2nd story rest. Also, enjoying an authentic (maybe 2!) Marg(s). from a hole-in-the-wall-not-a-chain kind of place! Other times I have been to Coz. it was just hanging around the pier, so this time will actually go into town!

* COSTA RICA: ($75.00) Greenway Tours Rainforest Wagon Expedition and Banana Tour. Includes the Tortuguero Canal by boat, rainforest, hiking (a little), and banana plantation tour.

* PANAMA: ($80.00) CL007-1 through My Friend Mario (Almiza Tours Panama) This includes the Gatun Lock, Chagres River, and Embera Indian Tribe, including lunch and shopping.

** Then 4 fun days at sea to have a few drinks, hit the pool and slide, try the slots, enjoy the shows, play and/or watch some games & competitions, eat, rest, meet new people, and whatever else happens to come my way!:p .... It is a vacation!!!:D ~ Tom

Hi Guys,

We have only booked an excursion for a zip line in Costa Rica and we play it by ear at the other two stops.

Our other 4 friends are still coming. They like to wander around in Cozumel. So, not sure what we will do.

Also, getting mixed info on Panama regarding safety. Some on this blog recommend not getting off ship. And the state department web site reports danger of muggings. But others on this site say it is safe. So, who knows. Probably not trips any didstance from Puerto Limon for us.

We are looking forward to the trip though. Only our second cruise and first one traveling with friends.

See you all soon!

Tom and Mike

Archived