Here's a question for all of you...

PrincessCarolyn

I always read about the naming of a Godmother for a ship. Sometimes the people are celebrities I recognize most times I DON'T know who the Godmother is-My question (which I haven't seen here on CC) is 'How does the cruiseline pick a godmother?' AND 'What are the perks? Godmother gets to sail for free?' LOL

• Administrators
I always read about the naming of a Godmother for a ship. Sometimes the people are celebrities I recognize most times I DON'T know who the Godmother is-My question (which I haven't seen here on CC) is 'How does the cruiseline pick a godmother?' AND 'What are the perks? Godmother gets to sail for free?' LOL

Each line uses different criteria. Sometimes it's someone popular in the culture of the cruiseline's native country. Sometimes there's a contest (the NCL Gem had a contest last year). I'm not sure that apart from publicity there are any perks -- or that if there were the godmothers would publish that info. :)

Hello,

Some of the Godmothers of RCCL ships are members of the Pritzker family. This family is one of the founders of the RCCL line. Perhaps the most famous is Penny Pritzker, who had to decline an offer to be Secretary of Commerce because her business interests are hugely successful and varied.

Archived