St. Kitts Excursion with Royston Island Tours

CatP27

I booked a tour of St. Kitts with Royston of Royston Island Tours for my group of 30 clients while at that port of call on the Carnival Victory.

We were met by Royston when we debarked the ship and since it was our last stop after a very busy itinerary of 6 islands in 6 days, the group decided that they would like to go to Cockleshell Beach before touring the island. Royston was more than happy to accommodate our request. The drive to the beach was breathtaking. We drove along the coastline and saw a mongoose, goats, bulls, and stopped to take pictures of the monkeys playing on the road side. We stopped to photograph the gorgeous view of where the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean almost met - separated only by a little strip of land.

We arrived to Cockleshell Beach by 9:00 am and were the first guests to arrive. What a treat to have the entire beach to ourselves for the first hour. It was $10.00 to rent a chair and umbrella. (They do not bargain like other places might do.) What a beautiful beach and the water was wonderfully refreshing. There was an old pig named Wilbur who resided there. As an added bonus, there was also a little piggy that thought he was a dog that stayed at the beach all day....running around visiting everyone, snooping in the beach bags, and cooling off in the water. He knocked one of our sodas over so that he could drink some, but was way too cute to scold. In addition, there was a very nice man roaming about with the cutest little monkeys, Cindy and Sarah. Cindy had adopted Sarah since she had been abandoned by her mom. Both wore tiny diapers and would sit with you for pictures. Of course, a small donation was expected for this, and was well worth it. There was a local man there with a puppy that rode on his back as he swam. It was so cute.

Royston met us at the beach with coolers of beverages - water, local soda, juice, and beer - which we helped ourselves to throughout the day. Our driver served us delicous wraps - our choice of chicken, beef, or fish. They had some sort of seasoned potatoes in them, too. They were delicious.

The beach was clean and the water was so refreshing. Some folks snorkeled and were able to see some gorgeous fish. The water was so clear that we could see fish swimming around our feet as well. We enjoyed the beach so much that it was unanimous that we just stay there for the entire day instead of doing the tour. We will have to do that next trip.

I would strongly recommend booking your excursion with Royston Island Tours. Royston was excellent at keeping in touch and quickly answering any questions that I had. He was very nice to deal with and extremely helpful in helping me set up the excursion.

Archived