Any latest reviews on Scenic Cruises?

Travelbyboat

I have booked an Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise with Scenic for August 2010. I have seen very mixed reviews so far. It looks like the ships are great but the service is not. I am already booked and very uncertain of how this cruise will be. If anyone has lately traveled on any Scenic ship I would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.

We are in the same "boat" with same itinerary scheduled the end of May. Objective feedback seems hard to find.

We are doing Amsterdam-Budapest Christmas cruise 21st Dec for 16days (Scenic Diamond)and will happily give you a view on our return if not too late

Chris and Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised Amsterdam to Budapest on the Scenic Sapphire in May of this year and had a very enjoyable time. From what I have read on these boards the main complaints about Scenic have been about how they managed the interruption of a cruise due to water level problems. Those problems did require our ship to be switched with another identical vessel but that had no effect on our cruise. The ship was very modern and well-equipped and Scenic is one of the few operators that have REAL balconies, where you can actually sit at a table and chairs and enjoy a glass of wine while you enjoy the scenery passing by. The French balconies on other ships are nothing more than a large door that opens. We found the majority of the crew to be friendly, helpful and professional. Like in any restaurant you might find some waiters are more attentive than others but on the whole they were very good. The quality of the food was good and the selection what you might expect to see in an international restaurant. We certainly could never complain about being hungry. In fact, on occasion, we skipped lunch and simply ate fruit that was readily available at breakfast. A minor complaint was that we would have liked more local dishes from the area through which we were passing but we compensated for that by skipping lunch or dinner and staying ashore to enjoy the local fare such as schnitzels, sausages etc. The organised excursions were very good and the guides very knowledgeable. We could have skipped Nuremburg and not be forced to choose between day trips to Salzburg and Cesky Krumlov but fortunately we had visited the former city on an earlier trip to Europe. The entertainers that came aboard were well-received and added to the cultural experience. I am sure you will have a very enjoyable cruise.

Archived