New Celebrity Food Quality Poll

celem

Select your average Celebrity MDR Dining Experience  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Select your average Celebrity MDR Dining Experience

• Fast food chains: Mc Donalds, Wendy's, Subway
    • Hotel catered meal, such as for convention.
    • Sit down casual dining chain, mostly pre-prepared food: Chili's, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback.
    • Better quality food chains that prepare most of their food from scratch: Macaroni Grill, PF Chang's.
    • High-quality hotel catered meal, such as for a wedding or special event.
    • High-quality restaurants with national name recognition: Ruth's Chris, The Capital Grille, etc.
    • Fine local restaurants that are worth a two hour trip from elsewhere.
    • True gourmet restaurants with highly complex, challenging cuisine of fine ingredients and wines.

Definitely, though I don't think that is the exact set I had on my last Celebrity cruise (the earlier ones were way too long ago to remember).

I'm going to be on CENTURY so only the one specialty restaurant, but I do intend to try it.

My previous Celebrity cruises have all been on ships that didn't have specialty restaurants.

To be honest, this particular cruise was so ridiculously cheap that I won't be overly disappointed if the food is only average (in the past it was definitely better than average).

Doug,

I'm sure the food on the Century will be great. Make sure you try Muranos at least a night or two! Have a great cruise.

Kel:)

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise aboard the Celebrity Constellation and I am reporting our view of the Main Dining Rom experience.

On average, the Main Dining Room (MDR) exceeded our expectations, which had been lowered by our 2004 cruise on the same ship and another cruise on NCL earlier this year. We feel that, on average, the MDR matches the mean of this poll, namely “High-quality hotel catered meal, such as for a wedding or special event.” However, in our opinion, about 30% of the meals exceeded that average by quite a bit. A small minority were below the average.

I met someone aboard who stated "the buffet has the same food as the main dining room". It does not! While the buffet was quite good, better than any of our previous cruises, it does NOT have tandoori chicken, milk fed veal chop, beef wellington, duck breast, etc.

Archived