zuiderdam, S class questions

grape farmer

Hello all- My husband and I have sailed Princess before in mini-suites, but never sailed HAL. We're considering a 10 night Panama cruise on the Zuiderdam, but I'm not sure about what type of cabin. The SS, SY, SZ all would be a bit bigger than a Princess mini-suite, and if we stretched it, at best we'd go for an SC-that seems to have a lot more amenities, and a much bigger cabin yet. We'd definitely like a balcony that gets a lot of sun-I think I read something about that redo on the aft cabins-only certain decks are more open? Is deck 5 the best sun deck for an aft cabin? Does it have any cover? I'm really scratching my head here---I've searched a lot but still confused.... I realize it's a personal decision, but haven't yet decided if something like the neptune lounge (which is located where again?) is really worth it:oThanks in advance for any info!

We'd definitely like a balcony that gets a lot of sun-I think I read something about that redo on the aft cabins-only certain decks are more open? Is deck 5 the best sun deck for an aft cabin? Does it have any cover?
Stern deck 5 cabins are the worst for sun. They are completely covered by deck 6 now. Deck 4 is the best for sun, but it still offers some cover.

Click to enlarge this pic of the Zuiderdam stern.

2626037400099632937BGprMY_th.jpg

Archived