Can I buy "familiar" wines in Coz?

tbmrt

We are taking one cruise to Cozumel and then switching ships to take a second cruise when we get back to FL.

Can I buy California wines that I usually pay about $10 - $12 each in the states in Cozumel? It would be worth bringing these on the second cruise and paying the corkage fee rather than paying the high wine prices on the ship.

What port are you going on the second cruise out of? There is probably somebody on here who knows of a store nearby that you could pick up the wine from. I have never seen what you are looking for in Cozumel, but maybe somebody has.

There are two large grocery stores on the waterfront south of town. Chedraui has some California wines, more options of other imports that might be a factor when returning through U.S. customs. Mega has a much better selection of wines, but if you find what you are looking for, it'll probably cost significantly more than at home. No bargains on wines in Mexico.

Jerry,

Thanks for info. Am I understanding this correctly? The California wines will be more than in the US and wines from other countries., i.e., Italy, Australia will be charged alot in customs??

You'll find better deals on chilean, argentinian and spanish wines. At Chedraui or Mega you'll find enough wines. If you want to try a nice Mexican wine buy Casa Madero, it will cost around 14. For 11 you can buy Sangre de Toro a spanish wine that is a good choice and available almost everywhere.

Archived