Booking first excursion

Masal

My husband and I were talking last night, about the time it will be by the time we get to the ship etc, and it made us think, is there a cut off time to book excusions for?

Our first day, we fancied doing the Dolphin Catamaran, but, if we do not get to the ship until approx 8.30pm, will we still be able to book that for the next day?

Hi Mrs. Masal,

I hope you're landing before 8.30 pm as according to the brochure she's leaving at 8.

If they're sticking to the same excursion format as the weeks before they are in the afternoon in Las Palmas. They should allow for all passengers to be on and have a chance before closing bookings.

It is a great shame they did not keep the old Islands Cruises format and let you book excursions online. We had all ours booked before leaving home last time.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn, we land at 18.50, (I think) and at first yes we were a little worried with the time she sails, however the tickets say she sails at 23.00 so that is better.

I hope and would think they would allow for all passenger boarding to book trips but just didnt know if anyone else knew from past experience.

We arrived on the ship about 4pm and you could book trips for the day after until late at night. In your cabin is a list of all the trips so have a quick look when you get to your cabin and you can nip down and book for the day after.

The first day Island Chat "Welcome to Tenerife" says the excursions desk is open 18:00 till 21:00. The following morning the desk was open 09:00 to 12:30. We didn't do any tours in Las Palmas as we were there last year, so not sure if there was any problem making a booking.

The opening hours varied a little every day, but on the occasions we went it was fairly quiet.

By the way, I don't think we sailed from Tenerife until approaching midnight.

Worrying about missing the ship reminds me of our first cruise, it sailed from Venice at 5pm, our flight only got in at 3:50pm! They whisked us out to the coach, there were about 3 other amxious looking couples on there, straight to the port, check in and within minutes of stepping aboard we sailed!

Worrying about missing the ship reminds me of our first cruise, it sailed from Venice at 5pm, our flight only got in at 3:50pm! They whisked us out to the coach, there were about 3 other amxious looking couples on there, straight to the port, check in and within minutes of stepping aboard we sailed!

Wow close call, but that is the bonus of booking it all in isnt it, as the ship will wait for you if any delays on flights etc.

Thanks for the info on the excursions desk everyone, I thought the Catamaran would be something different to the other excursions we will be doing. We did a Catamaran in Lanzarote last year and the little one loved it, so think the teenager might do as well...but there again this is a teenager!!!

Wow close call, but that is the bonus of booking it all in isnt it, as the ship will wait for you if any delays on flights etc.

Yes, this is true, we were still watching the clock though! We've subsequently done trips, including the Tenerife one, where we did the flights/transfers ourselves but we always leave plenty of time for delays.

Archived