Bah! Humbug!

Sunviking

"I'm not referring to this thread"

What's wrong with a bit of banter?

Nothing, me thinks;):D

"Dare I ask who is bringing the threads to the head of the line?"

I read after a few thousands of post the food will taste better, the little critters will always be there not only for the young or lucky, beds will get comfi, everyone will be respectful of differences and how others report back on their vacation, then cruising will be this wonderful vacation. Wait, it really is that wonderful vacation;) Variety (humor, banter, whine) is the spice of life, and seasoning (onions, garlic, salt, pepper) the spice for food. Don't forget some take what's on the internet very seriously:eek:

Enjoy!

I'm wearing my flameproof outfit and I'm feeling the joy of the season, so if someone takes exception to my comments, have at it - I won't be bothered.

In reading some of the threads and posts in the last few days I'm astonished at the attitudes of some posters. There have been slams against (to list just a few) Germans, people who sail on Carnival, drinkers, smokers ... There have been allegations of discrimination against people in various cabin categories, e.g. not receiving perks they should (as an aside do we not all choose our cabin category - including those who book a guarantee and should be comfortable w/that category if that's what they are assigned?) Posters seem in the last few days to be more inclined to use a broad brush to categorize "all of ..." whatever group as being inconsiderate, rude, boorish, and whatever other insulting adjectives they can come up with. Frankly, some of what I've read reminds me of a bunch of spoiled children carping and whining.

In our travels we have met people from lots of different demographic and occupational groups and I can make only one categorical statement. We have met both great people and people with whom I wouldn't want to associate in all of them.

Certainly I understand that people on these forums sometimes wish to share their negative experiences or problems they may have had, but I sure wish that they wouldn't speak in such broad generalities of "all of " whoever are responsible, guilty, incompetent, inconsiderate, pushy or whatever.

Anyway, have a nice day, and while I'm at it, have a Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas or both.

I thought maybe bringing your original post to the fore might let us start over. Thank you for the HH & MC, we celebrate both.:):)

Archived