Bah! Humbug!

Sunviking

I'm wearing my flameproof outfit and I'm feeling the joy of the season, so if someone takes exception to my comments, have at it - I won't be bothered.

In reading some of the threads and posts in the last few days I'm astonished at the attitudes of some posters. There have been slams against (to list just a few) Germans, people who sail on Carnival, drinkers, smokers ... There have been allegations of discrimination against people in various cabin categories, e.g. not receiving perks they should (as an aside do we not all choose our cabin category - including those who book a guarantee and should be comfortable w/that category if that's what they are assigned?) Posters seem in the last few days to be more inclined to use a broad brush to categorize "all of ..." whatever group as being inconsiderate, rude, boorish, and whatever other insulting adjectives they can come up with. Frankly, some of what I've read reminds me of a bunch of spoiled children carping and whining.

In our travels we have met people from lots of different demographic and occupational groups and I can make only one categorical statement. We have met both great people and people with whom I wouldn't want to associate in all of them.

Certainly I understand that people on these forums sometimes wish to share their negative experiences or problems they may have had, but I sure wish that they wouldn't speak in such broad generalities of "all of " whoever are responsible, guilty, incompetent, inconsiderate, pushy or whatever.

Anyway, have a nice day, and while I'm at it, have a Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas or both.

I totally agree with you. In the last few months I have spent less time on this forum because of this. I realize also that people have opinions but sheeese I also get really tired of the smoking, liquor, etc threads. All people have to do is do a search and they will find all sorts of threads about this subject. I also know that I do not have to read those threads but just seeing the same old titles I know exactly what is going to happen. Griping, bashing, preaching, etc.

I totally agree with you and glad you bought it up.

What I actually wish CC would do is to provide an 'ignore' feature for entire threads, not just individual members. I have to agree, some of these topics get so old and so heated, and they continue to repeat month after month after month.

But now I feel like I am complaining about the complainers. lol Oh well!

I've actually become more salty on this board due to the simple fact that the "Regulars" on this board have to make their opinion known every time certain topics come up.

Smoking, Dress, Towel Animals, Door Decorations, cell phones, two way radios etc.

Example:

OP: "Can I wear nice, non frayed jeans in the dining room."

Following 8-10 replies usually say "yes you'll be fine" followed by the Princess policy.

Then we have to hear people's opinion's when they really weren't asked for.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm starting to think that we're at the point where these topics are fire accelerants.

My suggestion is to have sticky topics that new members will actually read. At the very least...

1.) Dress Code

2.) Smoking Policy

I'm sure there are others that would make good topics but these two have and will continue to wreak havoc on the morale here.

GERTZ our wonderful well educated (4 diplomas) Black and Silver floppy eared Miniature Schnauzer says. I agree with you.

Got so we didn't even read let alone post on this last smoking thread. Got called names on the last food thread because we did not completely agree with some posts. Probably won't read the next one.

But it is like a magnet. You cant escape, it wont let you go.:eek:

Couldn't agree more! Seems like of lot of posters need an attitude adjustment;) If it's a slow day on the Princess boards, you will usually see the smoking, dress etc. threads appear and the posters DO KNOW to do a search to find their answer! The old blah...blah....blah food was horrible, service bad....I'll never cruise Princess again, please don't!! That would make us all very happy:p Can't you tell I'm not having a great day today!!!!:D

Above all the best kind of vacation I have enjoyed outside of camping, so maybe luck. If we are complaining, reading the complaints of complainers, or complaining about complainers on a cruise board, then it's a reminder we are doing so much better than so many. That's enough to take a deep breath and smile. Still LMAO about poor towel animals and the possible threat they represent. They were my love affair with cruising, along with the wonderful people and places I visit and meet. Now I have to figure out how to get that cute but silly monkey off my back.

Ten minutes after telling my sister what I did not like about my last cruise, she abruptly interrupted and said, so you went on 2 cruises this year, so you took the kids to Alaska, so you booked another cruise, so you got some kind of credit, so you lied to our mom and said you are broke. I technically didn't but like the IRS she wanted to know how these trips are being paid for so I replied, nunyah:D. So what did you say the problem was.....Nothing:D

Happy Holidays to one and all. I think we can ALL agree we are still among the lucky few. This is CC so or not:D!

Earlier this year, I was so tired of reading all the complaining about the same things over and over, that my husband and I wrote a little poem kind of making fun of it. Remember, it's meant to be fun and not taken too seriously. I've posted it before but thought that some may enjoy it again. (We didn't cover nearly all the hot topics, but gave it a good try!)

"Twas The Night Before Cruising." (with apologies to Clement C. Moore)

'Twas the night before cruising and in our hotel,

The kids were all hyper, the eight "darlings" from Hell.

The bags were all packed and ready to go,

We'd paid a small fortune to escape winter snow.

Morning came quickly and at ten on the nose,

In our suitcases we hid all the booze in our clothes.

And Ma in her flip-flops and I in my Crocs,

Corralled all the kids to head for the docks.

When boarding the ship, we heard such a fuss.

"Let us on early, cuz we're Diamond Plus!

We round up the rugrats and tell them to pose

For 8X10 glossies....We'll pay through the nose!

We check our room number and head for our suite.

There we meet "Stuart", he'll keep our room neat.

He'll leave us all chocolates, towel bunnies galore,

We've even brought streamers to cover our door!

We hear a loud warning and Stuart gets flustered.

Ma is refusing to go for the "Mustard."

An egg crate is promised, if she'll follow the rules.

"Just put on your vest. We ALL look like fools!"

Now Billy, Now Jenny, Now Penny and Justin.

And Bobby, And Levi, And Britney and Dustin.

"Adult Pool Only" reads the sign on the wall.

But splash away, splash away, splash away all!

Evening has fallen, it's time to get ready.

Traditional dining. "Our waiters named Freddy."

Decked in our glitter, like a moll and a mobster,

We sit in our places demanding our lobster.

Dining is over, we head for the show.

Ten places to save, in the front row.

The kids aren't around, "Who really cares?"

They're out in the hallway and playing on stairs.

We round up the brood and head for our suite.

What fun we've all had. Day one is complete.

The kids are all snoring. We're sure they're asleep.

Ma's feeling frisky. To the balcony we creep.

"Brace yourself Ma!" I shout with delight.

"Let's try for another in the moonlight."

The quickie is over, we sneak back to bed.

I think of tomorrow and what lies ahead.

I plan to rise early and be out the door.

Ten deck chairs to save. (We'll only use four.)

Buffet for breakfast, we'll cut into line.

The kids will be hungry, and starting to whine.

Ten days have gone by. It's over I fear.

But from other guests, I hear a loud cheer!

With the holidays over, we're all out of booze.

"HAPPY SAILING TO ALL. WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT CRUISE!!!!!!"

Pearl

• Administrators
What I actually wish CC would do is to provide an 'ignore' feature for entire threads, not just individual members. I have to agree, some of these topics get so old and so heated, and they continue to repeat month after month after month.

Great idea for a feature. But reallly, it isn't that difficult to just "browse on by".

Laura

• Administrators
Earlier this year, I was so tired of reading all the complaining about the same things over and over, that my husband and I wrote a little poem kind of making fun of it. Remember, it's meant to be fun and not taken too seriously. I've posted it before but thought that some may enjoy it again. (We didn't cover nearly all the hot topics, but gave it a good try!)

"Twas The Night Before Cruising." (with apologies to Clement C. Moore)

'Twas the night before cruising and in our hotel,

The kids were all hyper, the eight "darlings" from Hell.

The bags were all packed and ready to go,

We'd paid a small fortune to escape winter snow.

Morning came quickly and at ten on the nose,

In our suitcases we hid all the booze in our clothes.

And Ma in her flip-flops and I in my Crocs,

Corralled all the kids to head for the docks.

When boarding the ship, we heard such a fuss.

"Let us on early, cuz we're Diamond Plus!

We round up the rugrats and tell them to pose

For 8X10 glossies....We'll pay through the nose!

We check our room number and head for our suite.

There we meet "Stuart", he'll keep our room neat.

He'll leave us all chocolates, towel bunnies galore,

We've even brought streamers to cover our door!

We hear a loud warning and Stuart gets flustered.

Ma is refusing to go for the "Mustard."

An egg crate is promised, if she'll follow the rules.

"Just put on your vest. We ALL look like fools!"

Now Billy, Now Jenny, Now Penny and Justin.

And Bobby, And Levi, And Britney and Dustin.

"Adult Pool Only" reads the sign on the wall.

But splash away, splash away, splash away all!

Evening has fallen, it's time to get ready.

Traditional dining. "Our waiters named Freddy."

Decked in our glitter, like a moll and a mobster,

We sit in our places demanding our lobster.

Dining is over, we head for the show.

Ten places to save, in the front row.

The kids aren't around, "Who really cares?"

They're out in the hallway and playing on stairs.

I plan to rise early and be out the door.

Ten deck chairs to save. (We'll only use four.)

Buffet for breakfast, we'll cut into line.

The kids will be hungry, and starting to whine.

Ten days have gone by. It's over I fear.

But from other guests, I hear a loud cheer!

With the holidays over, we're all out of booze.

"HAPPY SAILING TO ALL. WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT CRUISE!!!!!!"

Pearl

Thanks for my Friday entertainment -- I usually need some laughs by now.

Pearl

So Pearl, That must have been you on the balcony below mine...:eek:

Pearl

LMAO! There are secrets to vacationing with kids:D:eek:

Thanks for the smiles:D:D:D

I find it odd, almost strange, that some posters don't realize posting on threads they don't care for keep them on the top of the board:eek:

LMAO!

I find it odd, almost strange, that some posters don't realize posting on threads they don't care for keep them on the top of the board:eek:

Pauline, so true. Sometimes I am chomping at the bit to say something but I just cruise on by. It is hard to do,:p but I love it when those threads hit page 2:)

Great Poem Pearl!! You should see about getting it published! It took alot of thought, and time!

I think to many take offense to some remarks and statements made. Everyone has different experiences. Reading these boards could help warn people so that they might benefit from what someone else experienced. I know I have benefited. Nothing is ever going to be perfect. Hopefully, we'll all fined perfection in heaven!

We shouldn't jump on somebody just because they have an opinion that we didn't like. To each his own. Right???

Brilliant! Or as my in-laws would put it, "Magic!" From what I've seen, this board has the most posts, topics and information about Princess than any other. Which on the one hand is a huge advantage in terms of garnering information about ships, ports, and all the other stuff most people are looking for. Unfortunately, this also comes with an unbelievable amount of redundant posts and thread hijackers. If I could only stop reading all of them, I'd be ok. ;)

I think that is a great idea, sort of like the "do not call" or the spam filter on your email. You could have check boxes next to each thread and mark it so that it doesn't appear everytime you log in. That way you don't have to either wade through all the garbage threads, or in my case, fell obligated to open it up and offer my opinion which I probably have to regret later because I was responding out of fury!

Archived