Menus for Atlantica?

E91

I don't know what meals we missed on Monday night when we ate at Club Atlantica, so I can't assist you there. I can tell you that I would seriously reconsider eating in Club Atlantica.

1. The restaurant is open (the 10 floor atrium was right there) and directly above the 9th floor Boticelli restaurant (buffet) and very close to the center pool (which houses the stage for bands). It was not a cozy nor romantic dinner by any stretch based on the noise that generated from the outside.

2. I ordered three appetizers instead of appetizer, soup and salad etc. The shrimp cocktail was not "jumbo" nor any better than the shrimp that we can buy in the grocery store. The beef tartare was very good. The caprese salad was huge, with hothouse tomatoes and mushy mozarella.

3. I ordered the ribeye, as did my husband. Mine was cooked properly, his was medium rare, not medium well. His baked potato came with bacon bits and such (which he did not order.) I ordered asparagus along with bernaise and hollandaise. Both sauces were cold, clearly prepared well ahead of time and not conducive to being ladled over anything.

4. He had a canoli and I, creme brulee for dessert. Both desserts appear on the menus in the main dining room.

5. Our table (along with the others) were vibrating like we were sitting atop a washing machine on spin cycle. (Yes, it was really that bad.)

The nice thing about the restaurant was the piano player, despite the noise he was good.

The next night in the dining room my husband ordered a ribeye from the dining room menu, low and behold, it looked identical to that which we got in the Club Atlantica.

We were incredibly disappointed, after having eaten on RCI and loved the restaurant.

Caveat Emptor

I was part of a party of 6 last Friday night at Club Atlantica. We made reservations early in the week, but the earliest time we could get for Friday night was 8:15. That's a little late to be eating a 2 hour long dinner for me. There were hardly any other customers in the restaurant at the time we were there. The vibrations were very distracting and seemed to be located directly under our table for 6, but I understand that the entire restaurant vibrates badly. The menu is like a regular steak house with several steak entrees to choose from, as well as a chicken, a fish, etc. The food was pretty good. I ordered the beef tenderloin, but I've definitely had better tasting filet here at home. It was prepared correctly, but it didn't have much taste to it. The shrimp cocktail was good, but it was only 3 decent size shrimp. The french onion soup was very thick, almost like a stew. The canoli I had for desert was good, much better than the one I had in the dining room earlier in the week.

I am glad the cost of dining at Club Atlantica was included in the cost of the grand suite, because had I paid the extra $30 per person I would have been disappointed.

Archived