Seattle Light Rail

nanak915

Can anyone give me advice on the Seattle Light Rail routes. I would like to take the Light Rail from SeaTac Airport to the station closest to Homewood Suites on Pike Street. Which station would I get off at? Approximately how far is it to Homewood Suites from the station? What is the fare to ride the light rail?

Also, I have read that there is free downtown bus service during the day. Where can I get info on the bus routes and stops?

I will be traveling to Seattle in August 2010 and would appreciate any info you can give me.

Can anyone give me advice on the Seattle Light Rail routes. I would like to take the Light Rail from SeaTac Airport to the station closest to Homewood Suites on Pike Street. Which station would I get off at? Approximately how far is it to Homewood Suites from the station? What is the fare to ride the light rail?

I'm not hugely familiar with Seattle, but my guess is the closest stop would be Westlake Station - the very last stop on the line - since that is the farthest north stop. It would still be about 8-ish blocks to the hotel from there. Fare is $2.50 per person. If you pack lightly and are physically fit, you could walk from there, but otherwise maybe you could find a cab on the street for that portion of the trip?

Also, I have read that there is free downtown bus service during the day. Where can I get info on the bus routes and stops?

Seattle bus website - http://metro.kingcounty.gov/

I printed out tons of bus information before my trip but found that my schedule changed as I was on vacation time :rolleyes: so it was often quicker to just walk than to wait for the next bus. Downtown Seattle is pretty compact.

I'm not hugely familiar with Seattle, but my guess is the closest stop would be Westlake Station - the very last stop on the line - since that is the farthest north stop. It would still be about 8-ish blocks to the hotel from there. Fare is $2.50 per person. If you pack lightly and are physically fit, you could walk from there, but otherwise maybe you could find a cab on the street for that portion of the trip?

The only other thing I might add is that it's uphill going from Westlake Center to your hotel--not hugely steep, but it might seem like it if you have much luggage!

Thank you for all the info. I think I will call the hotel. Dumb of me not to think of that. Senior moment!!!

Westlake Station is the end of the line, and will be the closest to Homewood Suites on Pike. It is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile uphill, and I seriously do not suggest it with luggage, because the incline is enough that you would be fighting the luggage all the way up.

You could take any of the buses going up Pike (10, 11, 43, 14) BUT if you are traveling during peak time and have a bunch of luggage, you probably should not, because the buses are SRO and the drivers have the option to not let you on.

Check with the hotel to see if they have any options for the short distance from the light rail station to the front door.

Archived