QM2/Cunard Reservation questionq

mgg42

Hello all,

I have never cruised on Cunard before, but we are looking into a transatlantic crossing for next year. We are just in the preliminary stages. My question is probably a silly one, but I am having trouble finding an answer on the website.

What are the reservation policies for Cunard? I assume there is a deposit and then a date when the balance is due. Any idea how much the deposit is, or how far in advance the balance is due?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I have never cruised on Cunard before, but we are looking into a transatlantic crossing for next year. We are just in the preliminary stages. My question is probably a silly one, but I am having trouble finding an answer on the website.

What are the reservation policies for Cunard? I assume there is a deposit and then a date when the balance is due. Any idea how much the deposit is, or how far in advance the balance is due?

Thanks!

US Policy is deposit then balance 90 days before sailing. Deposit returnable if you cancel outside those 90 days. Deposit can vary between agents.

UK policy is a non refundable deposit with balance 56 days before sailing. Deposit normally 10%.

Your first job is to find a good agent.

As you are in the US, here are the North American rules.

Deposits are 25% of Cunards cruise fare (cruise plus port) for non world voyages. Finals are due 90 days prior to departure.

For world voyages and segments thereof, if deposited far out, there is a two tiered deposit system, 15% down and then another 15% due by June 1st preceding commencement of the world voyage to bring your total to 30%. Finals due 90 days prior.

Deposits are fully refundable by Cunard should you have to cancel. But you must cancel 91 days prior to sailing.

Sometimes agencies will hold a Cunard Sale which reduces the deposits by half.

Archived