Attire for Lounges & Clubs

newlife_2010

From the Carnival FAQs:

What to Wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

:)

Unofficially from what I observed- all clubs and bars do require clothing for both males and females. Although for females especially the requirement is minimal, to say the least. Other than the dining rooms where some modicum of decency is observed, afternoon teas seemed to someplace where people often seemed to look a step up from the pool.

I should clarify- when I said clothes were required, I included bathing suits in that. As opposed to no clothes- special cruises for that I understand. Didn't get close enough to always determine if the bathing suits were wet although most weren't dripping.

Archived