Puerto Limon, Costa Riico Excursions

PegIra

I am interested in the Rain Forest Aerial Tram excursion but was hoping someone could give us some first hand information. I was hoping to get lots of pictures of tropical flowers and hopefully some wildlife too. Is this a good excursion for that? If not, what would be a good one? We will be on the Zuiderdam Panama Canal Cruise in April. Any other ideas for excursions on this cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peg

Peg,

We were on the Island Princess recently which docks in Puerto Limon. There are two excursions involving aerial trams-one at the Veragua Rainforest and one at Barillo Carillo National Park. We did the Veragua-mainly because it was only an hour away versus the other which was more like 1 1/2-2 hours each way. We did a private tour through Oscar Brown Tours (google seach and I'm sure you can find him-my friend made the arrangements so I do not know the website). Also did a boat ride on the Totuguero Canals. Both were great-lots of photos and saw some animals. The Veragua rainforest had lots of displays of flora and fauna-the aerial tram is only about 10 minutes or so, then there is a short walk then back up. They have a website-check it out!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived