St. Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala- ideas??

Alebd

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been looking for excursions. There aren't too many- but it looks like a trip up the Rio Dulce holds the best promise. Check out Happy fish Travel for there options. $50 per person.

Have Fun

There is info on tours in the Guatemala port of call board (I should have checked that first!)

Go with Gus seems to get good reviews, bookable at the pier apparently. There are others too. We still haven't decided yet.

• 3 weeks later...

We stopped there a couple years ago. We had a small child with us so we went to the banana plantation. It was interesting but I wouldn't do it again. They had a market set up on the pier but other than that I don't think I would venture out without some research.

• 1 month later...

I've only heard good things about Go with Gus.

When we went we didn't book anything ahead of time. When you get off the ship there are a ton of excursion people around. The one we chose, can't remember the name, took a boat ride down the Rio Dulce, went into Livingston and the one thing that was very cool was they took us to this local cave where there was dinosaur bones embedded in the ceiling. Really neat. I would recommend leaving the port. Guatemala is beautiful. It was one of my favorite places.

Archived