Just offered Grand Suite on the Spledor....

freedomhoneymoon09

They are exactly the same. Grand Suite is just a new name for the Cat. 12 Penthouse suite.

Ooooh, fancy name. Maybe because the Penthouse Suite isn't actually on the penthouse?:D

We had the "Penthouse Suite" on the Valor and my kids were pissed that it was on Deck 7.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 4 months later...
They are exactly the same. Grand Suite is just a new name for the Cat. 12 Penthouse suite.

Hi there....just 'jumping onboard' here....since I've been searching for info on a Grand Suite....we just booked on for the Splendor in August 2010....7-night Mexican Riviera...there will be 3 of us ~ hubby, myself and 18yr daughter...we'll be celebrating: HS Grad, College accept. and 18th BD! So we decided to 'splurge'

There is very little info on the GS category.....ANY info would be helpful....wondering about the 'whirlpool tub'? Bathtub in bathroom? Just having the extra space for daughter (double sofa bed vs single)...balcony is 85sq ft, instead of 65.....floor space is 345 instead of 285.....that's all I know....and is probably plenty:p

Just saw you on-line...and thought I'd ask...thanks for helping out....it's great to be back on CC.....tons of great info here :)

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! We took it! :p

Yikes! A lot of money....hope it's worth it. We are going to have a blast. I guess my sanity is worth $700 alone :D

just curious where are those locate front/middle/back of ship? Anyone have any pictrures???

i ALWAYS GET A SUITE BUT AS FAR AS TH WHIRLPOOL TUB I HOPE NO ONE IN YOUR FAMILY IS WELL LETS SAY ON THE LARGE SIDE BECAUSE ITS SMALL, THATS AN OCEAN SUITE HAVE NOT SEEN A GRAND SUIT YET (AM STILL HOPEFUL FOR A CARNIVAL CALL) CONGRATULATIONS THO

FREEDOM 7-24-10

VICTORY 7-13-09

I never get offered an upgrade. Do you think that's because I use an online TA instead of booking directly with Carnival? I assume Carnival may contact my TA w/ an offer, but I'm guessing the TA's don't bother to contact me about it? Does anyone know?

I say if you can afford it, go for it. If you can't, don't do it. I love my balconies. I don't need a suite, but definitely must have a balcony.

Yes, Carnival PVPs work on commission as well......So, would you upgrade someone who continues to book with you specifically, or a TA who is going to dip into your pocket????

Are you kidding?!!! I would wonder why they are offering an interior person that upgrade instead of a balcony person!:eek:

Yeah thats what I was thinking....I guess manbe with the economy, more people are going for interiors so they need to make space and instead of maoving two seperate rooms, they just move one........I am purely guessing here though.

Are you kidding?!!! I would wonder why they are offering an interior person that upgrade instead of a balcony person!:eek:

Yeah thats what I was thinking....I guess maybe with the economy, more people are going for interiors so they need to make space and instead of moving two seperate rooms, they just move one........I am purely guessing here though.

going from an inside to a GS for 700.00 is awesome. We are in an 8E and were offered an OS for 886 more for the 3 of us. We passed. We offered 500.00, she said that she couldn't go that low.

"Nomoredyes"-congrats on the kidney transplant. We were hoping that my brother would have his by now, so that he could cruise with us.

Archived