Tips & carnival excursions....

cbressler76

How do you pre-pay for tips in advance? .....and how does it work?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it cheaper to pay for excursions in advance?

Thanks!!

If you booked thru Carnival, just call them and tell them you want to pre-pay your gratuities and they'll take care of it for you.

For excursions... if you're booking a Carnival excursion, it isn't really cheaper to pay in advance. The advantage is that you'll have your "slot", in case that particular excursion books to capacity. Typically for us, we book many of our excursions thru independent tour operators, rather than the cruise line. But that's just us.

How do you pre-pay for tips in advance? .....and how does it work?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it cheaper to pay for excursions in advance?

Thanks!!

You prepay your gratuities through the agent you booked your cruise with...or if you booked through Carnival online, just call the reservation number to add that to your reservation....must be done before your final payment is made! On the ship, your sail & sign account will be credited the pre-gratuity payment.

I always prepay to keep our sign and sail from adding up with things we could have paid off before the trip...

Regarding excursions- if you are booking the tour through Carnival the price will be the same whether booked before or once on the ship. If you like to research and want to save money you can book an independent tour. Some of these require deposits, prepayment while others let you pay the day of the tour. Lots of options...

You prepay your gratuities through the agent you booked your cruise with...or if you booked through Carnival online, just call the reservation number to add that to your reservation....must be done before your final payment is made! On the ship, your sail & sign account will be credited the pre-gratuity payment.

This part is not true... pre-pay grats can be done after final payment, too.

If I am booking a tour through the cruise line, I do it in advance to assure my slots. But for the most part, I don't book through the cruiseline any more, so those expenses have to be budgeted with cash put aside. As for tips, those I do not pre-pay but rather just put money aside to be applied to them.

Archived