question for people who booked through carnival

HMB1950

this is my first time booking directly through carnival..i usually book through vacations2go but i figured i'd try something new. my question is...after i book am i suppose to recieve a conformation email? i booked maybe a month ago and have recieved no emails. I thought maybe they waited untill closer to the cruise to send it out?

this is my first time booking directly through carnival..i usually book through vacations2go but i figured i'd try something new. my question is...after i book am i suppose to recieve a conformation email? i booked maybe a month ago and have recieved no emails. I thought maybe they waited untill closer to the cruise to send it out?

When I book, I usually get a fax while I am still on the phone with them.Call them and have them send you a fax.

Steve

Did you book online? Or did you speak with a PVP. Either way you should have gotten a letter in the mail within a week that has all your cruise info on it...booking number, amount paid, amount due, final payment date.

Was your credit card charged?? I would give carnival a call.

I always book over the phone with Carnival and they usually fax me some thing right away. However, when I booked yesterday they didnt fax me anything but did give me the booking number. I didnt ask to have anything faxed. I went on the website and added the booking number to my profile and was able to see all the info. You can do the same. If you booked online, it should already be under your profile information. I was able to change my requested dinner assignment since the girl didnt ask which one I wanted.

I booked thru Carnival and I got an email but the pvp asked if I wanted one. I got a statement in the mail after I added my tips but I recently upgraded our cabin and the statement did not reflect this. However, when I called all was in order.

I booked thru Carnival and I got an email but the pvp asked if I wanted one. I got a statement in the mail after I added my tips but I recently upgraded our cabin and the statement did not reflect this. However, when I called all was in order.

I would still ask for paperwork...things get slippery when you call....

I've got so many copies of every email transaction and invoice...it's really quite amusing!

JMTC

I booked through Carnival. I got an e-mail right away confirming. Then next day I got a list of shore tours and a thank you letter. Then in about a week I got a thank you card from our pvp. I was very impressed. I then had several questions and e-mailed the pvp and got a response the same morning. We did cruise with Carnival in April 03 and have gotten many e-mails from this pvp letting us know about specials that were running.

I booked online - later upgraded (online) to 9A and called carnival to pay off the cruise. The rep confirmed all the details (including new 9A cabin), however, the balance due reflected the old cabin. I figured there must be a delay in the accounting software... The rep said no - the balance must be correct and charged my credit card for the smaller amount. I promptly received an email receipt showing my new cat 9A cabin paid in full.

Since the magic 75 (recently changed from 70) days-out was right around the corner, I decided to call the next day and check my balance. Just as I expected, I had a small balance remaining.

I fully expected to have a balance due - it was not a problem for me. I just think it's funny a rep would make such a big deal about telling me the computer is always right and never needs time to update.

Someone who likes to argue could have taken the incorrect final receipt and tried to force carnival to honor it. I'm not that type - My good cruise attitude starts developing the minute a book a cruise.

now im worried because i have recieved NOTHING! i registered online and all the info is there but i would like a letter in the mail or an email....i'll email him today and find out what the deal is. thanks!

Dont get too worried, out of my 8 cruises, only twice did I actually get some thing. I didn't get anything this time either but I did put my confirmation number in the website and all my info is there.. I wouldnt worry, but for peace of mind, ask them to fax or email you some thing...

I booked a Royal Carribbean cruise online direct through the RCI website and did not receive a confirmation email from them either, so it's not unique to Carnival. I did get a booking number and when I go online to their website it shows all my information there. I'm sure you are fine!

We've booked all three of our Carnival cruises direct with them. In all three cases we received an email (we requested it if the rep didn't offer to send one), and then within a week we've always received our statement. To date, we have never had a problem.

We've booked all three of our Carnival cruises direct with them. In all three cases we received an email (we requested it if the rep didn't offer to send one), and then within a week we've always received our statement. To date, we have never had a problem.

Ditto.

Archived