Ruby Princess 4/19/2010

SgpMBL

Jeremy and I are happy to announce that this has now become a honeymoon cruise for us.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/dc/first-same-sex-couples-prepare.html?hpid=artslot

Many many congratulations!!!!

I hope you will have a great life together... and a wonderful honeymoon.

I look forward to toasting your union and happiness on the trip.

Jonathan

Many many congratulations!!!!

I hope you will have a great life together... and a wonderful honeymoon.

I look forward to toasting your union and happiness on the trip.

Jonathan

Thanks, Jon.

OK so we're all meeting for a sail away at the far back pool? We were on the Crown Princess (a sister ship) and it is a great place to meet. It's an adults only pool to start with

Nate and Grove

9ZEia3XjLpHylXDOWDYaXQ?feat=directlink

How about if we all post a pic on here so we can recognise each other??

Either that or wear a red rose at sailaway.. or something easier???

Answers on a postcard to....................

I have posted a number of threads on CC to help determine which line to use for a fall 2011 crossing. To use Princess, Hal or Celebrity for a southern crossing of the Pond. I would like to know how your trip goes. I am an Elite level Princess cruiser, so I know the Princess product, but a crossing is a different experience. So any comments and opinions of the trip would be greatly appreciated.

For those on the RSVP cruise to Hawaii......maybe we could chat over a drink about crossings.

I wish you all a fabulous voyage, calm seas, lots of social time together from the moment of embarkation till you disembark.

In the meantime I count down till I board Emerald Princess.

The love boat, exciting and new.....come aboard we're expecting you...

Ciao for now

Tom aka Bertha

Jon -- Hope your cabin arrangement is all settled by now. I'm hoping we'll get an upgrade so that we can move from the ballast to the lifeboats. :rolleyes:

Actually, as you know we're on the Riviera deck so the sailaway location would be perfect for us. Did we set at time to meet? (ie. Are we just meeting during the actual sailaway or should we try for a little time before, like 4:45 or even, 4:30?)

Jon -- Hope your cabin arrangement is all settled by now. I'm hoping we'll get an upgrade so that we can move from the ballast to the lifeboats. :rolleyes:

Actually, as you know we're on the Riviera deck so the sailaway location would be perfect for us. Did we set at time to meet? (ie. Are we just meeting during the actual sailaway or should we try for a little time before, like 4:45 or even, 4:30?)

4.30 sounds good to me..

many thanks for your comment on the other forum too...I am to drive him (CT) to Heathrow airport tomorrow, and that will be so difficult...

He calls himself CT as his name is Chan Ching Thut, Chan being the family name. CT is easier for westerners to get right...:rolleyes:

I am currently on Plaza deck (246) at the moment which is at least unobstructed view so a fairly major upgrade, but still hoping for more as the ship isnt full yet.

I have had a low deck last year on Brilliance of the Seas and discovered being close to the water is a really nice aspect .. despite thinking I didnt want to go low down, I really enjoyed seeing the waves and the real feeling of being at sea. Also there wasnt as much ship rolling so low down. However, I wouldn't say no to a suite on a higher deck either...

I guess you have the Honeymoon Suite???

Jonathan

Four weeks from now we should be sailing across the Atlantic! Can't wait. Denver has been alternating between winter/snow and summer/shorts weather. Today is shorts, tomorrow is snow. I am looking forward to weather warm enough for shorts every day.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nope -- just an inside guarantee.

cool... I bet you get a further upgrade then.... likely an outside restricted or outside unrestricted. Thats the beauty of the guarantee cabins.. they upgrade you before anyone with a regular booking.

Even so, you are on a high enough deck for an inside not to be a problem... if you are on a low deck, you can find yourself having to go all the way up just to see what the weather is like before knowing if u need your dinky speedos or an overcoat. On the higher decks that isnt such a trek and likely you will get more idea of the weather elsewere near your cabin.

I am SO looking forward to this trip!! I really do need it ..!!!

Are you both from USA originally? You look so good together, be great if you brought a wedding pic with to show off...

For those doing Florence on your own, if you're looking to see the Ufizzi gallery or the Accademia in Florence, Rick Steves highly recommended getting tickets in advance; as otherwise, you may spend most of the time waiting in line.

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/italy/museumupdate.htm

We bought ours for both yesterday. The official website is out of tickets for the Ufizzi on May 2, but I was able to get it from the second website that was recommended.

cool... I bet you get a further upgrade then.... likely an outside restricted or outside unrestricted. Thats the beauty of the guarantee cabins.. they upgrade you before anyone with a regular booking.

Even so, you are on a high enough deck for an inside not to be a problem... if you are on a low deck, you can find yourself having to go all the way up just to see what the weather is like before knowing if u need your dinky speedos or an overcoat. On the higher decks that isnt such a trek and likely you will get more idea of the weather elsewere near your cabin.

I am SO looking forward to this trip!! I really do need it ..!!!

Are you both from USA originally? You look so good together, be great if you brought a wedding pic with to show off...

Jon -

Jeremy was born in the U.S. I was born in the Philippines, but grew up in the states.

• 2 weeks later...
I have looked at the tours offered by Princess.. and there is a private train to Rome, close to Vatican City, which allows you to take a walkabout for the day, have some lunch at your own pace and then takes you back to the port... if booked by Princess I would doubt the ship would leave without us if it is delayed...

I was wondering if anyone else fancied doing this??? around $65 I think....

BTW -- we're also on the Rome by Private train ship excursion. We'll probably just stick with that.

Anyone else doing that?

ok see you at the Terrace Pool around 4.30 on the 19th. I don't know why my pic doesn't come up on the threads it is in my profile

Here is a cutsie pic from our last cruise

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_tQrE6AxTsVg/StuC9ZH6zHI/AAAAAAAAC1Y/VS81kVjVnIk/s512/scan0001.jpg

nice pic.... it isnt cutsie!! he is checking for your wallet!!!! :D

Hi guys, Here is a pic of Stephen, the Canadian. He doesn't say "Eh", but does use "Aboot", even if he swears he doesn't. He is shy and single, so say hi to him when you see him.

We are doing the Rome on our own by train and the Florence on our own excursions. We are in cabin D609.

What time is everyone planning to get to the ship? I am sure we will be there around 11. I love being one of the first onboard.

Looking forward to meeting everyone Greg

110.jpg.8212b829c28268b2dd4fd05ec9be27c5.jpg

Hi guys, Here is a pic of Stephen, the Canadian. He doesn't say "Eh", but does use "Aboot", even if he swears he doesn't. He is shy and single, so say hi to him when you see him.

We are doing the Rome on our own by train and the Florence on our own excursions. We are in cabin D609.

What time is everyone planning to get to the ship? I am sure we will be there around 11. I love being one of the first onboard.

No idea what time I get to the ship, will be staying in Miami and Princess send transport to the ship... I would think it is more likely to be early than late...

Jonathan

We'll probably try to be there before noon, maybe as early as 11, but may sleep in.

See you all in a week!

Could you please write about your crossing, and what was good as well as poor.

I am planning a western crossing in the fall of next year. My problem is which line or ship to take. I have been posting all over the boards on Cruise Critic to get opinions. Right now its either Celebrity, Princess or HAL.

I am well versed on the Princess product, but a crossing is a completely different experience.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Tom aka Bertha

We'll probably try to be there before noon, maybe as early as 11, but may sleep in.

See you all in a week!

Not sure you will get on before official bording time of 1.00pm

11.00am they will still be taking cases off surely??

Archived