Christmas day in Aruba

vikqueen

Hi, just to follow up with a review after all my questions about our stay in Aruba! We were in Aruba on Christmas day from 8 am until 5 pm. Many stores and private companies were closed for the holiday, so we booked a horseback riding excursion from Princess. It was through the Ponderosa outfit and it took us on Paso Fino horses through the countryside to the ocean near the baby bridge. It was beautiful to see the different landscape, changing from cactus covered hills to the beautiful sandy beach. We did trot/gallop along the beach, but not in the water. They took pictures of our family on our horses with our own cameras, which was nice. We had a water/ photo break at the baby bridge before returning to the ranch. We were back on the ship by 11:30 am, we had lunch and then went to Palm Beach. We went through the Hyatt and then rented chairs for $5 each and floating mats for $5 each. There were many things available for rent, the Hyatt was welcoming in allowing us to use their restrooms (what a beautiful hotel!), and there were plenty of places to buy food and drinks. My daughter and I sat at a table on the pier and had a beer (me) and a smoothy and it was wonderful. We got back to the ship around 3:30. It was a fun day!

Archived