Need Nassau after 5 beach ideas near cruise port

SMonica

I'll be in Nassau on Jan 23rd. My mom wants a city tour and I wanted to get a Hilton day pass. Since we'll be spending the next day at Coco Cay, I decided to do the city tour. The boat docks at 12 noon and the tour starts at 1:30 and should return around 5. I would like to go and walk on the beach for about an hour or so before returning to the ship. What is the closest beach to the cruise terminal? I know it will be getting dark around that time but the ship doesn't leave until 11:30 that night, and I would like to get in a little beach time. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'll be in Nassau on Jan 23rd. My mom wants a city tour and I wanted to get a Hilton day pass. Since we'll be spending the next day at Coco Cay, I decided to do the city tour. The boat docks at 12 noon and the tour starts at 1:30 and should return around 5. I would like to go and walk on the beach for about an hour or so before returning to the ship. What is the closest beach to the cruise terminal? I know it will be getting dark around that time but the ship doesn't leave until 11:30 that night, and I would like to get in a little beach time. Any ideas?

Thanks

You should NOT be walking the beaches after dark. They are unsafe.

Even the hotels frown upon it.

Thanks for the reply. Sunset is about 5:45pm on that say. I checked and the tour will get back at 4:30. Is there a beach in walking distance from the cruise port that would allow me to go and be back within an hour.

Thanks for the reply. Sunset is about 5:45pm on that say. I checked and the tour will get back at 4:30. Is there a beach in walking distance from the cruise port that would allow me to go and be back within an hour.

the closest is lighthouse beach.. just west outside of town. A quick 10 minute walk. It's a public beach, not the nicest, but it's the closest.

Cabbage beach on Paradise Isalnd is also public, but you'll need a cab .. and at 4:30 - 6:30 pm traffic will be crazy. Cab far is $5pp/

Please be aware of your surroundings. Most beaches are barren by 4pm, and there have been problems with thugs on the public beaches lately.

You should NOT be walking the beaches after dark. They are unsafe.

Even the hotels frown upon it.

Actually there is a beach close to the port that is safe. There is a police station rite across from the beach. The beach is western esplanad but i think they changed it to junkanoo beach. its about a ten minute walk heading west and its after you pass the hilton hotel.

• 1 year later...

Will be going to Nassau in Nov. of 2012 and would like a comparison of the Blue lagoon beach excursion, the Sandy Port Beach getaway and just taking a taxi to the public beach, Western Esplanade. How much and how hard to find at the pier. I know it is just a ten minute walk, but I am unable to walk that far. Thanks for any info.

Archived