Suggestion of a day use hotel

BudinFla

We stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village (Tel: 808-949-4321 Email: info@hiltonhawaiianvillage.com) and were very pleased and glad that we did. It was nice to have a day relax on the beach and enjoy the property since it had many shops and a nice beach. There is a bus that stops right on the corner and take you to the mall and Waikiki beach, but we decided just to stay on the property. Our flight was at 10 pm, so we had plenty of time to eat (not many restaurants within walking distance, though) and take a nap. The day rate was $109 in November. It is best to call and re-confirm the day rate ahead of time and you must cancel within three days of arrival if you change your mind. We checked-in our heavy luggage at the desk and only brought what we need for the day.

I just made reservations for a day room at HHV for March and the price was $99.50 for use of the room from 7am - 5pm. But it looks like prices are different depending on when you go. I would call and ask for your date.

I used a bidding web site (probably can't mention the name here) and got a 2.5 star for $50 for the day we disembark. Our flight isn't until 9:00pmish so I wanted a place we could change/shower, etc before spending 12+ hours flying back home.

• 3 weeks later...

My flight home isn't until 10:00 pm. I am wondering if I should book the HHV for a day rate.. I haven't callled for a rate yet, or try and bid on something online. If I bid, the check in time for the room might not be ready post cruise.. as you get off the cruise ship so early, but then checkout time would be later... any suggestions I am sailing on POA.. March 6-13

We sailed the week of Thanksgiving and got a rate of $99.00 on the Sat. post cruise at HHV. We ended up in a huge suite on the 13th floor of the what I think was Tapa? tower. Ocean front. We thought maybe the whole building was suites but when we peeked in other rooms realized that was not the case. We were thrilled although really only used the room to leave our stuff for the day and to shower before the flight. We had just spent a week in an inside cabin with four people so it seemed huge to us. It seemed like the room was recently renovated. It was very nice.

Our flight was at 6:00pm so the 5:00 check out was fine for us. I sill think even with the later flight a day room makes the most sense. You won't want to be using the room to sleep in the evening becasue you will want to sleep on the plane. You could check out, leave your bags with the hotel, have a nice dinner, shop etc and then leave for the airport. JMO , have fun what ever you decide.

Cost is $99.50 for the day until 5:00 pm. Also, the Atlantis Submarine tour starts from the pier located at the HHV, so no additional transportation is needed to the sub excursion! After checking out the HHV on their website, we're definitely going to be bummed out that it's only for 1 day. Sounds like another trip in the future!

Archived