Majesty Questions

billvabeach

I'm sorry if any of these have been asked before. I've read as many previous posts as my blurry eyes will let me tonight and didn't find the answers to some of these questions.

1. We are going 2/12. When is it warm enough to lie around the pool?

2. Are any juices or fruit punch available (free of charge) during the day?

3. Are they really looking at shampoo bottles to see if I've hidden my Glenlivet?

4. The last cruise I went on was w/Carnival and you could purchase bar tickets before you left and they were less expensive than what a drink cost on board. Does NCL let you do this?

5. We like to buy a bottle of wine w/dinner to drink over two nights. With Freestyle dining, can they cork the unfinished bottle and bring it to you the next night?

That's about all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more soon.

I can answer a few of your questions. I've only sailed out of Boston so I can't answer the warmth question.

No they aren't going to look through your shampoo bottles for liquor. They only look for the obvious.

Yes you can purchase a bottle of wine in the dining room and they will recork it for use on other nights. I think they must store the bottles by room number and not table number.

There is only coffee, tea, iced tea, orange juice and tap water for free. There are beverage stations near the entrance of each side of the buffet.

The only things I remember you could purchase ahead of time were soda cards and smoothie coupons.

When we sailed on 11/27, it was warm enough to lay out the very next day (Sunday) and Monday was even warmer.

As I have posted earlier, I had to retrieve my suitcase from the Board room. I had no alcohol in my suitcase (in fact, I am 30 years old and never had a drink!). I did have shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, etc. in my suitcase. They made me open it up, they looked through everything and sent me on my way. Of course since I did nothing wrong, I was not angry that they wanted to search my stuff, but was upset that it took until 10:00 that night to be told where my suitcase was so that I could retrieve it!

Thank you for all of the answers. After seeing the bar menu that GregInCharlotte posted, the drink prices actually looked better than what we paid on carnival two years ago.

We've been spoiled the last two years. We went to "all-inclusive" resorts that included the drinks for our last vacations...but there is something about being on a deck chair on a ship that is like no other experience.

And I miss having 7 wonderful full course SERVED dinners. Not all buffet.

I'm ready. Wish it were this weekend.

The only time milk and juices were available were during breakfast, after breakfast they were removed from the buffet machines.

As far as when you can lay around the pool, it really depends on the local weather. During the day Sunday you will be along the florida coast. Monday would be the first day you could be around the pool in a bathing suit, for sure.

I had 6 travel size shampoo bottles of liquor in my carry on bag, and nothing was said.

We have just returned from the Majesty this morning and have to tell you --we had a wonderful time!

Don't let the 108 sq foot cabins scare you, you have enough room for 2 people easily! Even yesterday, when it was stormy & cold at sea, we both were in the cabin and did not feel clastrophobic. Just a tip--leave what you can in your suitcases under the bed. You don't have alot of drawer space.

Food was ok at the buffets on the 9th deck--but the hidden jewel on this cruise was the Pasta Cafe! No extra charges--just make a reservation. (IF you don't show up they do charge you a $5.00 a person cancellation fee). Fresh, good food all the time made as you order it. The atmosphere is great. Small, quiet. The staff extremely friendly and efficent! Everyone on our cruise was joking that they didn't want to tell anyone who hadn't been there about the Cafe. We wanted to keep it a secret so it won't get crowded. Excellant place to eat dinner! Best on ship & NO extra charge!

Back to trying to answer your question, we left out of Charleston on Sat. and by the next morning you could be outside sunbathing. The weather was great until the last day. (Friday)

If I can answer anymore questions--PLease ask!

Sue

On the morning we were arriving back in Charleston, we all had to share tables whether we wanted to or not as the ship was running late, etc. At our table, we met some people and the subject of the conversation was the fact that their liquor had been confiscated! One had attempted vodka in a water bottle, I believe, and the others had attempted scotch posing as Listerine - so the occasional intervention does seem to succeed. They were outraged at the invasion; we found it amusing - and enlightening - to learn that adult people dabbled in such sport. I, myself, have not indulged since high school but I can see how the covertness of it all would add to the excitement of having a drink before dinner.

As regards the weather: hearty souls were in the whirlpools within an hour of our getting aboard ship but I believe saner heads contained themselves until Monday as it was chilly (for a Southerner) off the Florida coast.

Fruit juice was on the room service menu but I don't recall seeing it after breakfast anywhere else.

Your idea about the remains of the wine in the dining room would be the correct thing, of course - and I'm sorry we didn't enquire about it - but the dining room looked so large and we didn't have the same table or waiter every night so that I just assumed that they wouldn't be capable of handling that for us so we took our dregs and returned with them in hand the next evening - no one seemed to care one way or the other but what you described would be preferable.

I fell asleep the very first day on deck and was slightly burned when I woke up. What a way to start the vacation. It wasn't a problem really tho.

I smuggled liquor but didn't need it since the drinks had a reasonable amount of liquor in them. But - I had a listerine bottle of tequila, water bottle of vodka and a flask of rum. I brought most of it home with me.

I won't do it again.

I loved the Majesty but wish they had lemonaid and ice cream like Carnivale does. The food seemed better on Majesty - I just love cruising!!!!

What I liked about Carnival is that you could have fruit punch all day long, and we would just add our smuggled rum. With no fruit punch it negates my criminal need to bring my stow away passenger Capt. Morgan with me.

We've done the all inclusive resorts the last two years so I will miss just being able to swim up to the bar w/o a sign and sail card. But I also might actually enjoy a vacation sober too :D

I just wanna be waited on at dinner. And feel the sun. It's COLD outside :eek:

Archived