Park, snooze, and cruise deals--Tampa

lfox02

Can anyone give me any good recommendations for a deal where we can park our car for the week after staying at the hotel for a night or two? We are trying to keep things on the more affordable end, but are on our honeymoon, so want the hotel to be nice ;) Thanks for the help!

Just a suggestion but here is what we are doing.

We will be on a 4 day cruise out of Tampa at the end of this month.

I used Priceline for downtown Tampa 3.5* hotel and got the Westin Harbour Island for $57 plus $15 in taxes and fees for a pre-cruise stay. We're doing Busch Gardens the day before. We both have Florida residents yearly passes so might as well use it. :D

We will leave our car at a city run garage just couple of blocks away @$9.50 per day, or $38 total.

Total cost - $110

Hotel website is showing rooms @$229 plus tax per night during the same period. Even if they did offer free parking, the end cost would have been much higher.

The Westin is a very nice, upscale property, close to the pier, and Channelside, entertainment and restaurant area. It's also on the trolley route so it's easy to get to Ybor City, another entertainment and restaurant area.

A nicer property in Tampa will run anywhere from $150 and up.

Congrats on your marriage. Have a wonderful trip!

Just a suggestion but here is what we are doing.

We will be on a 4 day cruise out of Tampa at the end of this month.

I used Priceline for downtown Tampa 3.5* hotel and got the Westin Harbour Island for $57 plus $15 in taxes and fees for a pre-cruise stay. We're doing Busch Gardens the day before. We both have Florida residents yearly passes so might as well use it. :D

We will leave our car at a city run garage just couple of blocks away @$9.50 per day, or $38 total.

Total cost - $110

Hotel website is showing rooms @$229 plus tax per night during the same period. Even if they did offer free parking, the end cost would have been much higher.

The Westin is a very nice, upscale property, close to the pier, and Channelside, entertainment and restaurant area. It's also on the trolley route so it's easy to get to Ybor City, another entertainment and restaurant area.

A nicer property in Tampa will run anywhere from $150 and up.

Congrats on your marriage. Have a wonderful trip!

WOW...I live in Tampa and from a local perspective, you really have your stuff together to save money. I am not sure which city garage you are parking in, but none are real close besides the one at the port. The next closest one is probably at least a 15 minute walk or more. I don't know of any official park and stay deals. Tampa is worth coming into early, as there is plenty to do. There is a good article discussing things to do in Tampa: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1227720/a_travel_guide_for_tampa_bay_florida.html?cat=16

Archived