FEB. 12th on the MSC Opera Roll Call

Manualwriter

Hi Don and Georgann: Yep we will be there with ya. There are four of us. Our friends, Dean and Claire too. We have some other friends that didn't take the "bump" to a different week who are leaving on the Opera tomorrow (the 15th) so we will be able to get more info on it when they return. They are also going to bring me back the activities sheets for every day too. They would probably be able to suggest a place and time to meet. As much as we would like to being going tomorrow, we are feeling fortunate to have the extra time to get ready for the trip.

Ciao for now, Joan and Jim

Hi Don and Georgann: Yep we will be there with ya. There are four of us. Our friends, Dean and Claire too. We have some other friends that didn't take the "bump" to a different week who are leaving on the Opera tomorrow (the 15th) so we will be able to get more info on it when they return. They are also going to bring me back the activities sheets for every day too. They would probably be able to suggest a place and time to meet. As much as we would like to being going tomorrow, we are feeling fortunate to have the extra time to get ready for the trip.

Ciao for now, Joan and Jim

Sounds great....can't wait to hear the new info.

Don

Looks like my roomate and I will be joining you-we're both 22, studying in Northern Ontario, and really looking forward to seeing the SUN again! This will be my 4th cruise, and his 1st. Hope I don't have any problems boarding if my new passport doesn't arrive on time!

Viva l'Italiano!:)

Both of us will be joining you people on this cruise. We are both from the great state of Maine. Very cold, and lots of snow!!!

We can't wait to get out of here for some relief. I hope that we could all meet, the more people you know on a cruise the more fun it will be.

This will be our 7th cruise. First time on MSC. Giving it a try?

We want to compare a little, try something different.

Talk to you soon,

Stay in touch.

Michael and Cindy

Both Registered Nurses in need of a break and some pampering!

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Feb 12th sailing still. We have documents with the Jan 15 sailing on it, cabin # GTY also. We haven't received any mail documents confirming our sailing for the new date, but I do have an email confirmation from Sky Auction with our cabin number on it. I hope I don't have trouble at the pier! Our other friends took the Jan 15th sailing and loved it. They said the food, entertainment, cabin, ship etc were very good. We all have been through the two hurricanes that hit our area. We are living in a FEMA 32' travel trailer. (good practice for the stateroom) We are not new to cruising, but it will be our first balcony cabin, so we are really looking forward to this trip.

Our friends on the 1/15 sailing brought back the daily schedules and tour lists which I lent to the other couple going with us. I should get them back Friday and can look and see when and where a good place to meet would be. Maybe a lounge on our day at sea. Sound good?

Jim and Joan

my wife and i are also on the opera for feb 12.we are doing a back to back cruise and leave feb5 we got bumped off the lirica but msc offered us a deal we could not turn down so here we are on this cruise and look forward to meeting everyone .David and Linda

Jim and Joan and all,

Been busy getting ready for the cruise and making

sure our beach place can live without us for a while.

We're just about all ready. Coming down on the 11th

and spending the day bumming around. Staying right

across from the Port and will be coming aboard to

check it out as early as possible.

A meeting in a lounge while we're at sea sounds great.

Everyone keep track of this forum for the word.

Don and Georgann :D

:D

Hi Retro,

I would not worry about your documents saying GTY. you will be assigned a room when you check in. Either an inside or outside. Which ever you reserved.

The reservation/room is Gauranteed! Have fun, keep an open mind on this cruise, it is going to be different than any other cruise line. Each one has it's own charecter. This one is Italian.

We all should meet in one of the lounges! The more people you know, the more fun you will have!

Take care, check back for a meeting place

Michael/Cindy

Hello Once Again!

I'm glad to the see action on this thread has picked up again and I can't believe how quickly this much needed vacation is approaching!

We're still waiting for our documents to arrive and hoping they do so soon...I'm thinking if I don't have them by Friday I'll call the TA and see what's up.

Can't wait for a break from the snow and from SCHOOL!

Hope to see you all on board!

:) Aaron :)

We are going on the Feb 12th sailing still.

I should get them back Friday and can look and see when and where a good place to meet would be. Maybe a lounge on our day at sea. Sound good?

Jim and Joan

=====================================================

Jim and Joan,

Figured out a meeting place/time yet for us CC passengers?

Still can't wait to get there........

I think that the best meeting place would be the Aroma Cafe. Plenting of seating. not formal, and get a good cup of coffee or a drink from the bar across. What about the sea day after embarkation, before dinner, like 4p.m. or 5 p.m.?? Just a thought! 5 days to go!!

Get excited and have fun. She is a beautiful ship!

Talk to you soon,

Michael/Cindy from Maine

Hello fellow cruisers: Michael & Cindy, Don & Georgann, Aaron, Linda & David,

Retro, and any other CC members looking to meet on the 2/12 cruise. In looking at the schedule for the day, it looks like between 1:30-2:00 would be a good time to try to meet. There is not too much going on at that time. At 2:10 the is an afternoon Coffe Game in Le Piscine, 2:30 Italian Lesson in the Cotton Club, and Memory Game @ 2:30 in Le Piscine. Movie starts at 2:45. I hate to wait too much longer than that because the Captains Reception is at 5:15 fior the first seating (which we have, hopefully). Have to give the ladies a chance to get ready! The Aroma (on Deck 6) sounds like a great place to meet and is open at that time. Not sure of the name of the bar across from it, but I am sure there is a bar open somewhere nearby to get a drink at. How about it CC members ....any other suggestions?

Getting more excited by the minute. 3 more work days....yahoo!

Joan (and Jim)

Hello fellow cruisers: Michael & Cindy, Don & Georgann, Aaron, Linda & David,

Retro, and any other CC members looking to meet on the 2/12 cruise. In looking at the schedule for the day, it looks like between 1:30-2:00 would be a good time to try to meet. There is not too much going on at that time. At 2:10 the is an afternoon Coffe Game in Le Piscine, 2:30 Italian Lesson in the Cotton Club, and Memory Game @ 2:30 in Le Piscine. Movie starts at 2:45. I hate to wait too much longer than that because the Captains Reception is at 5:15 fior the first seating (which we have, hopefully). Have to give the ladies a chance to get ready! The Aroma (on Deck 6) sounds like a great place to meet and is open at that time. Not sure of the name of the bar across from it, but I am sure there is a bar open somewhere nearby to get a drink at. How about it CC members ....any other suggestions?

Getting more excited by the minute. 3 more work days....yahoo!

Joan (and Jim)

To All,

Sounds great to us. 1:30 - 2:00 in the Aroma on Sunday (the first day at sea) sounds like a plan.....what do the resty of you all think..??

Two more work days for me......and the suitcases are almost

ready to close.

Hi all!! We will be there. Look forward to meeting everyone. Sharing ideas and thoughts of the cruise. It will be fun!! The more people you know, the more fun you will have!!

We are supposed to get a huge storm, here in the Northeast (Boston/Maine),

starting tomorrow, Thursday! We fly out friday. Keeping fingers crossed!!

stay in touch,

Michael and Cindy

Michael and Cindy,

Good luck on the flight. We'll be flying out of Baltimore early on Friday

and will board as early as possible on Saturday.

It suppose to be kinda cool there on Friday...61 degrees, but sunny!!

See ya there,

Hello ALL!

Just finishing up my packing as my journey to Florida(via Toronto) begins tomorrow!

I wish you all the best in your travels and can't wait to see you all on board :D

Your fellow cruiser,

Hi fellow CC members:

See ya in the Aroma around 1:30. Last day of work for me today. Yay, yay, yay....only one more day! Gotta dig my suitcases out of our storage area.....along with what's left of my cruise clothes. Even though the weather is supposed to be cool, the sun will still be warm so layer your clothing. No rain is expected, so it should be beautiful. Be hoping that all of you leave your respective cities with no problem. We are originally from Chicago, so we are familiar with the drill. Always came down a day or two early, just so we didn't miss the boat.

See you on the ship!

Joan and Jim

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you guys! I fell asleep by the pool and woke up at 3:30 with a rather RED back! Let's just say I had a few uncomfortable nights after that! How did you all find the cruise? I for one had a FABULOUS time! We found the food was great, the entertainment was TOP quality(the older comedian with the hair brought tears to my eyes) and I've got a great tan...what more could I ask for?

Only bad part was the fact that we had to disembark this morning...I would have gladly stayed on for another week or two!:(

Cheers!

We made it down to Aromas at 13:30 on Sunday for our coffee

but other the a few of the crew, didn't see any "Cruise Critic"

looking people. Sorry, the next time I'll be sure to set up some kind of

identification. ANYWAY, very good cruise (but then, a bad day on a cruise

is better then any day at work). I put together my review and post it after I get caught up.

Manualwriter

Hi 2/12 Cruise Critic sailors: I am sooooo sorry. I missed the get together too. But mainly because I wasn't feeling well. My husband and the other couple went down too, but didn't find anyone around. It was a great cruise. The food was great, the entertainment wonderful, the accommodations excellent. The only complaint I had was the real lack of dancing, especially ballroom. Formal nite from after the show (9:30 til 11:15) there was absolutely nowhere to go! I made note of that on my comment card. The service in the dining room was very good. I thought the food was better than the Costa Meditteranea we were on last year. The dancing was better there. The bands played thru the showtimes even. I have never been on a ship where the shows got a standing ovation, but it happened several times on this cruise. The Paris show was super---very high energy. We also enjoyed the comedian. I was laughing soooo hard it brought tears to my eyes.

Once again, sorry we didn't meet up with our fellow CC'ers......or did we?

Joan (and Jim)

Archived