Alaska Raft adventures McKinley Chalet Resort

SJpaul

I can only recommend Mahay's Riverboat Service's two hour jet boat adventure out of Talkeetna. The Great Alaskan TourSaver had a 2 for 1 coupon, and I am glad they did.

It was lots of fun, not only adventerous but informative as well. I especially loved the lunch they served, very tasty! Choice of fresh sandwich, salad and fruit.

They take you out on a glacier river, point out eagle's nests, points of interest, explain the difference in fresh water rivers and the glacier, they stopped at one of the places where the fresh and glacier met. It was amazing how pretty the water was.

We even went to a rated 4 rapids, they explained that the boat was made for this type of water, it was very exciting to say the least.

Before it ended we went to a staged trappers camp. I thought it would be dull, but I am glad that I was wrong. They had a trapper's cabin, and I got to see and feel the different pelts they hunted for. The tour guide carried a large loaded riffle in case of bears, she was a native Indian and explained how she was able to kill them for protection, and the meat, etc. Again, very intersting!

Archived