Liberty Of The Seas: January 24th 2010

Hi gang. This is my first post on the forums. I've been reading a while and thought I would say hello and see if anyone else is going.

This will be my first cruise. My girlfriend has been on 12 cruises. Several in Europe as well as the Caribbean, and she is an avid RCCL fan and premium member. She's pretty experienced and knows what to look out for etc....thankfully.

We have a balcony suite on Deck Ten. #1570 I believe.

We are also booked on The Jewel in November for an 11 day cruise to South America. Aruba, Cartagena, Port Limon someplace else and Grand Cayman!

Anyhow......really getting excited now and wondering if there will be any other forum board members on this one in a few weeks!

Wow, are you in luck. Here's a link to the roll call for your exact cruise. It looks like it's pretty active.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=773538

Hey thank you Amy. I am new to this forum....not at all new to forums in general and theres a ton of pages and different forums here so I didn't know they had anything like that.

;)

You're welcome. I figured you didn't know about it. Welcome to CC.

Also, in the upper right-hand area of this very screen you're on now, click on Register for a Meet & Mingle. It's a CC/RCCL sponsored get together. Basically you'll find a bunch of people from your roll call. If you become active on THAT thread, you'll be able to put a face to the names of the people you've chatted with. I wasn't terribly active in mine...a bit, but not enough to go to the M&M, even though I signed up for it. They give away little trinkets and someone, usually one of the Cruise Director's staff, will show up. So I've heard. :)

You're welcome. I figured you didn't know about it. Welcome to CC.

Also, in the upper right-hand area of this very screen you're on now, click on Register for a Meet & Mingle. It's a CC/RCCL sponsored get together. Basically you'll find a bunch of people from your roll call. If you become active on THAT thread, you'll be able to put a face to the names of the people you've chatted with. I wasn't terribly active in mine...a bit, but not enough to go to the M&M, even though I signed up for it. They give away little trinkets and someone, usually one of the Cruise Director's staff, will show up. So I've heard. :)

I probably won't do that either but I saw they are having a gathering. We will see though.

Being my first cruise we will probably be pretty busy with stuff to do and see.

I plow snow for a living in winter so you know I'm ready for my first fabulous vacation. I've never really been anywhere.

:o

That's so great! What made you guys pick the Liberty? Your Nov. cruise sounds amazing as well. Many threads start up here asking "what's your favorite ship," and a HELL of a lot of them say the "Radiance class" and within THAT group, the answer is usually the Jewel.

Here's my Liberty review from Nov., if you're interested. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1088522&highlight=liberty+review

That's so great! What made you guys pick the Liberty? Your Nov. cruise sounds amazing as well. Many threads start up here asking "what's your favorite ship," and a HELL of a lot of them say the "Radiance class" and within THAT group, the answer is usually the Jewel.

Here's my Liberty review from Nov., if you're interested. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1088522&highlight=liberty+review

Hi Amy. We didn't at all pick the cruise because of the ship. It was more the dates and stops.

I am getting a little familiar with the different size ships and the Radiance class look a tad smaller but Jewel looks like a good ship.

If we pick a ship specific cruise it will be the Oasis, but for now that deal is too expensive because it's so popular I suppose.

Honestly I wished we would have chosen the South America cruise in January instead of W.C. because it looks much warmer in Aruba than it is in Cozumel but then again it's 20 degrees here right now and I'm going out to work on my snow plow in a bit preparing for today/tonight's storm. lol

I'll read your review here after I post. Thank you!

I hear ya. We're freezing here in NY too. And the house I'm house sitting? A pipe just broke so I haven't had heat since Tue night. And we're gonna have snow tomorrow. I HATE THE WINTER! Where do you live? I'm thinking it's worse there than it is here. Midwest?

I don't think you'll be too cold in the Caribbean in late Jan. But yes, I'd feel better if I was going to Aruba over Cozumel at that time. But I anticipate shorts weather anyway... :)

I hear ya. We're freezing here in NY too. And the house I'm house sitting? A pipe just broke so I haven't had heat since Tue night. And we're gonna have snow tomorrow. I HATE THE WINTER! Where do you live? I'm thinking it's worse there than it is here. Midwest?

I don't think you'll be too cold in the Caribbean in late Jan. But yes, I'd feel better if I was going to Aruba over Cozumel at that time. But I anticipate shorts weather anyway... :)

Michigan here. Snowing pretty hard right now. 5-6 inches expected.

Well, people like details. Also, I had my laptop and I love to sit by the pool. Might as well do "work" while you're sitting under an overhang by the door to the solarium, wishing you were in the sun. ;)

Oh I thought it was quite good.

I saw what you said about pool chair hogs. Linda says that's the only way to get a good chair and said she usually goes early, after breakfast and puts her book on a chair....:o

We're chair hogs!

lol

Hey what's the poop on checking email from the ship. Not bringing a laptop but do they have an internet cafe deal or something?

I have a lady taking care of my three dogs and two cats and want to check in a few times to see whats going on.

I just got back doing a b2b criuse on the liberty and it's a wonderful ship you will love it I think your cruise director will be james Andrew he fun my cruise director was Abe Hughes for me he was boring,if you want a good bar go to bolaros good and fast bartender and the drinks top noch

Oh I thought it was quite good.

I saw what you said about pool chair hogs. Linda says that's the only way to get a good chair and said she usually goes early, after breakfast and puts her book on a chair....:o

We're chair hogs!

lol

Hey what's the poop on checking email from the ship. Not bringing a laptop but do they have an internet cafe deal or something?

I have a lady taking care of my three dogs and two cats and want to check in a few times to see whats going on.

Yeah traditionally I have my pick of a deck chair at 8am but I was with a friend who was PAINFULLY slow in the morning (GOD it drove me nuts) so the day it was bad, we didn't get there until 10. Grrrrrr. I KNEW it was gonna happen.

They have an internet cafe (it's really nice) on either deck 7 or 8, towards the aft. (One deck is the library and the other is the cafe.) I didn't use it because the computers are traditionally TORTUROUSLY slow (whether you use theirs or a laptop) and very expensive.

If you HAVE to check up on the animals, write the email off line, sign on, hit send, and then sign off. Then a couple of days later, sign on to read the email back from her. It's like 55 cents a minute or something...they sell packages of minutes. The more minutes you buy, the cheaper it is. But if you don't buy minutes and just go a la carte, I think it's 55 cents. Someone'll correct me if i'm wrong.

Archived