Need West Palm Beach (PBI) Airport info

ddl

It is very unpredictable when traveling North or South on I-95 in that streach. You could get there in under an hour, or sit in traffic for hours. I would suggest if you are not worried about the cost, that you take a cab. If you hit an accident (crash as they like to call them) your cabbie will know how to work around them and they have a vested interest in getting rid of you as quickly as possible! If you rent a car, it will take you ahwile to get the car and then if you try to skirt traffic you might get lost or end up in a not-so-nice neighborhood.

Of course, if you have the opprotunity to spend some time in WPB, rent a car and have a ball! It a great city!

We used Finesse Limo to take us from PBI to Port Everglades last April. Richard, our driver (and the owner, maybe?) was excellent. In fact I ended up booking him after getting some recommendations from the boards and after calling several, decided to use this company. Our group of 7 was very happy. He was waiting for us at the airport to take us to the ship and waiting for us at the ship to take us back to PBI when the cruised ended :( If you're interested, let me know , I can pass along his number. If I remember correctly, it took about an hour each way, we travelled on a Sunday morning each way, going to the ship happened to be Easter Sunday. There was no traffic for us at all, thank goodness.

Happy Travels !

Definitely interested in his contact info. I have been spending so much time researching transportation it isn't even funny. Then I realized there are wonderful people on this board ready to help.

All of our group is flying into PBI but only half is going back that way. From what I have read it seems that W. Palm Beach is a nice area. Is that true?

Thanks for all of your help!

Archived