Time to get through customs at port of Miami

CanadianTom

Most cruiselines when booking air for their cruisers and in recommendations, tell their passengers to not book anything before noon and that is just from the port to MIA. I'd say 11:15 would be the earliest and hope that all goes smoothly. But that's to MIA.

NOW....you are 1) Needing to get to FLL and 2) You are Canadian.

Personally I would not take a chance on an 11:00 flight. Could you make it? Probably. But if there is any delay disembarking, or with customs, the drive to FLL, etc. you might not be so lucky. You need to BE at the airport by 9:00. I don't like to worry and stress after ending up a cruise. So I know that I definitely would look for a later flight. Good luck.

I would sign up for the walkoff the ship with your own luggage program. Those people get off the ship first - provided you can carry off all of your luggage easily by yourself. We were off the Century in December by 8am. But that all depends on how long it takes to clear the ship through customs.

You will need to fill out a form onboard re when your flight leaves. Write on your form that you want to self disembark. You wouldn't put your bags out the night before. Check at the front desk for that ship's procedures.

Good luck!

Archived