Zip line concerns

timjanet_zinck

Can anyone fill me in on risks of Zip Lining. I was told that there is a lot of pressure on the lower back and I have had a couple back surgeries and just wanted to get a feel for this. I watched the video and it looks very smooth but they said it is just the pressure of the harness??

I don't remember any pressure at all on the back while zipping, I felt well cradled in my harness. However, some of my stops at the other end of the line were rather........."sudden" (I always came in fast). Not sure if a mild jolt like that would be harmful or not.

From my experiences in ziplining, some you can get a running start, or you can sit back in a very secure harness and just glide you're way across - the staff are on top of it, and they will guide, educate you, and most of all their equipment is in top notch condition. So you don't have any SAFTEY issues to worry about. Sometimes, your harness that you step into (and rests around your upper thighs) will be tight around you're jewels - don't let that stop you - It's all good,:D you'll feel the freedom and excitement high up in the air!!! Krazeelaura :cool:

Can anyone fill me in on risks of Zip Lining. I was told that there is a lot of pressure on the lower back and I have had a couple back surgeries and just wanted to get a feel for this. I watched the video and it looks very smooth but they said it is just the pressure of the harness??

Hmm, did Los Veranos, great outfit, safe, exhilarating and the guides were knowledgeable safe and funny. With that said, wife has a bad back and didn't suffer any ill effects from the experience. On the other hand, if you don't "brake" as you are coming into the platform, there can be quite a jolt. I guess you can control that by how much you brake. Me, it was BTW without braking. Hmm new use of BTW LOL. Enjoy cruising

Archived