Any feedback on the SOFO Casablanca Hotel?

StaceyCT

We're considering the SOFO Casablanca Hotel for a one night stay before our cruise on the Serenade a week from Saturday. It's in OSJ, and the others we've looked at are either full (Sheraton) or have a two night minimum (El Convento).

I can barely find any info on the SOFO - not even sure they have a website. But from what I see, they look kind of fun and funky. For instance, there are bathtubs on the roof! :cool:

No reviews turned up with the search function, but I'm hoping that someone here has stayed there recently. Thanks!

We're considering the SOFO Casablanca Hotel for a one night stay before our cruise on the Serenade a week from Saturday. It's in OSJ, and the others we've looked at are either full (Sheraton) or have a two night minimum (El Convento).

I can barely find any info on the SOFO - not even sure they have a website. But from what I see, they look kind of fun and funky. For instance, there are bathtubs on the roof! :cool:

No reviews turned up with the search function, but I'm hoping that someone here has stayed there recently. Thanks!

Go to tripadvisor.com

There are reviews under Casablanca and SOFO Casablanca. We will be there in 2 1/2 weeks for 1 night.

1. Here is the link to their website

www.hotelcasablancapr.com

2. Even though El Convento posts a 2 night minimum - call their 800 # and ask if they would book one night. Many times they will. Always best to deal with the hotel directly.

I use Tripadvisor and Venere to help me research - then I call the hotel directly.

Thank you both for your help. I'm glad I have the website now - for some reason, Google wasn't giving it to me.

The two reviews on TripAdvisor are very different - one said it was WOW! and the other said it was lacking in basic services and amenities (no TV?!)

Anyway, dh nixed the idea of staying there after reading the bad review, so we're back to the drawing board.

Any OSJ hotel suggestions? (second choice of location would be the beach).

Archived