On top of the world

marlinmike

Yep you can. It is either by walking all the way forward on the Lido or Sun Deck. Can't remember. I'll be on the Sapphire in two weeks for the 4th time. You would think I could remember. Oh well. I love the Sapphire and hope you enjoy your cruise on her.

BTW being on that deck, forward when you sail into Puerto Vallarta is really pretty. Down the right side you can see lots of hotels and to the left you can see the marina area. Also, the ship pulls into the dock area and then does an awesome turnaround. Very fun to watch. Plus, you don't have to get up at the absolute break of dawn to see it as I don't think the ship gets in until 9-10 appx.

Speaking of early - sailing into the bay when going into Mazatlan is very pretty. Although once it hits it's final resting place not so pretty. (It docks in a section that you see primarily shipping crates,etc on one side - although the other side is Stone Island, etc) If you can watch the ship enter the channel to dock it is usually just breaking dawn or so and you can see little fishing boats going out to sea as the sun rises sometimes with seagulls following. You will also see many pretty lights flickering both on the Mazatlan mainland side as well as the Stone Island side. Once in the channel the ship also does a turnaround to dock. On my last cruise there, it was doing this turnaround just as the sun was rising. I was standing on my balcony and as the ship did this turn I could see glimmers of the sun rise and then the full sun rise. Awesome

I hope you enjoy your trip on the Sapphire!

Archived