Disembarkation in Valparaiso, Chile

arlenez

Thanks RandyH - this is very helpful information. And it really helps remind us that when traveling, we should always allow extra time for just such situations arising. I hate nothing more than having to rush fearing I'll miss my flight or next appointment! Sort of ruins the whole point of the cruise for me :-)

Consider yourself fortunate that Christian showed up for you. He never showed up for us at the Santiago airport. For others he send drivers who did not speak English. Christian is like a box of chocolates. Nevre sure what you'll get

Hi, just got off the Celebrity Infinity at Valparaiso - and it was the elections and everything, yes, everything was closed! As far as I could see no one could take their own luggage off. The bus to get you to the terminal isn't set up for luggage and all cases are screened before they get to the collection point. Also, all passengers have their carry one bags checked by sniffer dogs and people are taken out of the line for taking the 'bedtime chocolates' off the ship. The cruise was fanatastic - the airport was chaos - be patient and think South American! Our plane was delayed by 1hr 45 mins and that gave use 10 minutes to get our connecting flight to London. A sprint across the airport sorted it!

What do you mean by "Think South American"?" That's like a Chilean going through that zoo you Brits call Heathrow and saying, "Think British". :mad:

Ciao for now!!!

Archived