What to do in Nassau?

delta13

Help! I just booked a last minute cruise leaving in 2 weeks. I have been to Nassau twice in the last 2 years. The first time, we got a room at the comfort suites and spent the day at Atlantis and the second time we just did a bit of shopping and then went to Cabbage beach. I was considering a day pass at either the Hilton, Sheraton or Wyndam but if the water temp is too cold, I don't want to spend the money to sit and look at the beautiful blue ocean. I was thinking of waiting until I arrive to see what the weather will be like and then decide.

So, which day pass would you all suggest and can it be purchased on arrival instead of in advance? Also, are any of the resort pools heated?

Has anyone done a Dolphin Swim and booked on their own?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Help! I just booked a last minute cruise leaving in 2 weeks. I have been to Nassau twice in the last 2 years. The first time, we got a room at the comfort suites and spent the day at Atlantis and the second time we just did a bit of shopping and then went to Cabbage beach. I was considering a day pass at either the Hilton, Sheraton or Wyndam but if the water temp is too cold, I don't want to spend the money to sit and look at the beautiful blue ocean. I was thinking of waiting until I arrive to see what the weather will be like and then decide.

So, which day pass would you all suggest and can it be purchased on arrival instead of in advance? Also, are any of the resort pools heated?

Has anyone done a Dolphin Swim and booked on their own?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

All hotel day passes are available same day. Most do NOT sell in advance..Which location depends on what you like. If you want relaxed and quiet with a more adult atmosphere,, then the hilton would do. it's a small private beach and pool.

Sheraton has several pools, and at least one of them is heated. This has more of a "resort" feel, with a variety of visitors from families to couples to groups. It's large, and you can usually find an area suitable to your needs.

Wyndham is next to the sheraton and you have priveleges there. Pool is not heated, but has a fun slide. More relaxed and laid back.

Dolphin Swim, whether at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon should be booked far in advance. My preference would be Blue lagoon. It has a stellar reputation.

Archived